good book about developing C# database apps in VS .Net IDE?

Bennett Haselton

I'm looking for a book, or even just a chapter, that helps teach
ASP.Net database application development with a focus on:

- developing in C#

- using the Visual Studio .Net IDE to generate the data sources and
connections and do as much as possible with the IDE. Most books give
pages of source code to copy and paste from the CD ROM that comes with
the book -- I'll bet it's because this way is easier for authors and
publishers, but I figure for what I paid for Visual Studio I'd like to
use it to speed things up, and do things in it that I couldn't do in
Notepad :)

When I eventually figured out how to display data from a database
table in a DataGrid, by dragging and dropping an OleDbConnection onto
a WebForm, then an OleDbDataAdapter, then generating a DataSet, then
setting the DataSource and DataMember property of the DataGrid to
point to the right table in that DataSet, it seemed odd that none of
my ASP.Net books explained how to do it that way. They generally show
samples of code that shows how to declare these objects in code and
hook them up to each other at run time. So I figured it out all by
myself! But I don't want a cookie, I'd just like to know if there's a
book that explains how to do it the VS .Net way, and explains other
tasks in the same spirit.

i. Wiin

"C# Step By Step" from Microsoft Press has a couple of good chapters on
using the IDE to drag and drop data related items.