Good book on beginning with ASP.NET 1.1

dw

Hi, all. I know you've had this question only a million times before, but
here it goes: I have access to Books 24X7, the online computer book
resource. Do you recommend any books for beginners with strong ASP
experience? In other words, someone who already knows Web development, just
not in the ASP.NET enviornment with Visual Studio 2003 .NET. Thank you :)

Tod Birdsall

Hi,

I have not read many, but I came from an ASP background like yourself.
Jesse Liberty's and Dan Hurwitz's book Programming ASP.NET helped me
immensely while I was learning ASP.NET. It is published by O'Reilly.

Tod Birdsall, MCSD
http://tod1d.blogspot.com

Guest

Steve,
I couldn't agree more. Walther's book is fabulous.
I have been trying to implement his method of securing a web service (pages
1008 and following) and it works just fine using his example with a web page
as the service consumer. However, I am trying to use an Access 2003
application be the service consumer and I can't figure out how to get the
SessionKey into the SOAP header (listing 23.19, page 1021). When I use the
Access function Tools\Web reference to point to the web service, it doesn't
recognize the AuthHeader property. Can you help me here?
Thanks.
Jay