    resource. Do you recommend any books for beginners with strong ASP
    experience? In other words, someone who already knows Web development, just
    not in the ASP.NET enviornment with Visual Studio 2003 .NET. Thank you :)
    dw, May 13, 2005

  2. If I can only pick one good ASP.NET book then I'd have to choose this one:
    Stephen Walther's book, ASP.NET Unleashed:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/r...232542X/qid=1105408282/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1

    If I get to pick more than one then here is my list:
    http://SteveOrr.net/books.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], May 13, 2005

  3. dw

    Tod Birdsall Guest

    Hi,

    I have not read many, but I came from an ASP background like yourself.
    Jesse Liberty's and Dan Hurwitz's book Programming ASP.NET helped me
    immensely while I was learning ASP.NET. It is published by O'Reilly.

    Tod Birdsall, MCSD
    http://tod1d.blogspot.com
    Tod Birdsall, May 13, 2005
  4. dw

    dw Guest

    Thank you, Steve and Tod. Very good choices. :)

    dw, May 13, 2005
  5. Steve,
    I couldn't agree more. Walther's book is fabulous.
    I have been trying to implement his method of securing a web service (pages
    1008 and following) and it works just fine using his example with a web page
    as the service consumer. However, I am trying to use an Access 2003
    application be the service consumer and I can't figure out how to get the
    SessionKey into the SOAP header (listing 23.19, page 1021). When I use the
    Access function Tools\Web reference to point to the web service, it doesn't
    recognize the AuthHeader property. Can you help me here?
    Thanks.
    Jay

    =?Utf-8?B?amF5?=, May 29, 2005