good books on asp.net

vivek

Hi guys,
I am a newbie to asp.net, and i am searching for a good book on asp.net. any
suggestions?

Vivek

Scott Brookhart

I like ASP.NET Unleashed. There is a 2nd edition, which I have not seen, but
suppose it is better than the first edition.
MSPress books Step by Step are also good for beginning. If you have some
programming knowledge, the Wrox Fast Track books are pretty good. After you
are comfortable with ASP.NET, I like the Wrox ASP.NET Website Programming:
Problem - Design - Solution, C# Edition(they have one for VB.NET too)
MSPress ADO.NET by David Sceppa is also good.
Hope that helps..
--scott

vivek

Thanks Scott,
do you have any idea of 'Programming microsoft asp.net' - mspress,I am kinda
unable to decide beteween 'asp.net unleashed' and this book. any
suggestions?

Vivek

John Kraft

vivek said:
Hi guys,
I am a newbie to asp.net, and i am searching for a good book on asp.net. any
suggestions?

Vivek
I have both ASP.NET Step by Step and Designing Microsoft ASP.NET
Applications by MS Press. I think that both are lacking, however the
Designing book is light years ahead of the step by step... and I found
it brand new, still sealed in the plastic, on Amazon for $3.50. After
S&H, it was the best book I've ever bought for $6.