    I am a newbie to asp.net, and i am searching for a good book on asp.net. any
    suggestions?

    Vivek
    vivek, Aug 22, 2003

  2. I like ASP.NET Unleashed. There is a 2nd edition, which I have not seen, but
    suppose it is better than the first edition.
    MSPress books Step by Step are also good for beginning. If you have some
    programming knowledge, the Wrox Fast Track books are pretty good. After you
    are comfortable with ASP.NET, I like the Wrox ASP.NET Website Programming:
    Problem - Design - Solution, C# Edition(they have one for VB.NET too)
    MSPress ADO.NET by David Sceppa is also good.
    Hope that helps..
    --scott

    Scott Brookhart, Aug 22, 2003

  3. vivek

    vivek Guest

    Thanks Scott,
    do you have any idea of 'Programming microsoft asp.net' - mspress,I am kinda
    unable to decide beteween 'asp.net unleashed' and this book. any
    suggestions?

    Vivek

    vivek, Aug 22, 2003
  4. vivek

    John Kraft Guest

    vivek wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    > I am a newbie to asp.net, and i am searching for a good book on asp.net. any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Vivek

    I have both ASP.NET Step by Step and Designing Microsoft ASP.NET
    Applications by MS Press. I think that both are lacking, however the
    Designing book is light years ahead of the step by step... and I found
    it brand new, still sealed in the plastic, on Amazon for $3.50. After
    S&H, it was the best book I've ever bought for $6.
    John Kraft, Aug 22, 2003