Good C book

Alex R

Hey guys,

I have been programming on and off in C for many years now, but I
seem to forget the format of some function calls/conventions here and there,
I might be working on something that is written entirely in assembly
language for
months.. Come back to do some C and there'll be something here and there
that escapes me.

What I am after is recommendations on a good book to keep as a reference
whenever I get mental blanks where I cant remember something, so i'll
have it there to refresh my memory. So a book that is for a
intermediate/advanced
level would be fine or any book that covers anything from the ground up
would be fine.

I am developing in C under DOS, using Watcom C and occasionally Borland C
I need a book that is available in Australia

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

fb

Alex said:
[...]

Check back a few threads to one that reads: "Nth request of book
recommendations"

Jrferguson

A very good book on C is: "C A Reference Manual" by Harbison and Steele and now
in its 5th edition. ISBN 013089592X
and is readily available through amazon.com etc
Hope that helps
John Ferguson
Windsor, UK