    the php syntax, and crappy object support and no exceptions.

    Thanks,
    Rick
    Rick Lawson, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Rick Lawson

    Dan Sommers Guest

    On 15 Jul 2004 06:33:36 -0700,
    (Rick Lawson) wrote:

    > I have a cheapo web hosting account, but suprisingly it has python
    > 2.2. Anyway, I want to do some basic cgi playing around and wonder
    > what experience people have with the various frameworks. I'm looking
    > at ease of installation with just ftp access (no shell) and
    > performance. I think this is what makes php so attractive because on
    > your $7.95/month host it "just works". But, God help me, how I hate
    > the php syntax, and crappy object support and no exceptions.

    Unless there's something it won't do for you, I'd start with the
    standard cgi module. There's nothing to install, and the only drawback
    is the (relatively) high startup costs per invocation. But it works
    well enough for my (small, low volume) applications.

    Regards,
    Dan

    --
    Dan Sommers
    <http://www.tombstonezero.net/dan/>
    Dan Sommers, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Am Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:33:36 -0700 schrieb Rick Lawson:

    > I have a cheapo web hosting account, but suprisingly it has python
    > 2.2. Anyway, I want to do some basic cgi playing around and wonder
    > what experience people have with the various frameworks. I'm looking
    > at ease of installation with just ftp access (no shell) and
    > performance. I think this is what makes php so attractive because on
    > your $7.95/month host it "just works". But, God help me, how I hate
    > the php syntax, and crappy object support and no exceptions.

    Hi,

    I use quixote: http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/

    --
    Thomas Güttler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/
    Thomas Guettler, Jul 16, 2004
  4. I am using the cgi module, along with Zope Page Templates
    http://zpt.sourceforge.net/

    I made a CGIScript class that I subclass for each CGI script. This
    wrapper class allows me to define a template filename, and a context
    dictionary, and have the template automatically rendered when the CGI
    script exits without errors.

    It seems to run kind of slow, but that's okay for our site...

    Austyn Bontrager, Jul 28, 2004