Good community

bertrandmuscle

I just want to point out how great the Ruby community is in attitude. I
hope this never changes, but I suppose with success it may in time.

I've just spent two days dealing with the FreeBSD community's general
elitist crankyness. To read messages here is quite refreshing.

That's very important in the development and continuation of a
product/project! (Mac aside, FreeBSD usage has continued to slowly decline)

David A. Black

Hi --

I just want to point out how great the Ruby community is in attitude. I
hope this never changes, but I suppose with success it may in time.

Having a great community *is* success :)

David

Sy

Hi --

Having a great community *is* success :)

Frankly, the community is what held my interest over most of the
technical issues. To me, nothing matters more than the inspiration,
motivation and relaxedness of the userbase.

Somehow it even carried into my real-life usergroup (Toronto). We
hang out, eat, chat about anything on our minds and try to positively
influence oneanother. Sometimes that includes helping with Ruby, or a
presentation or two or just discussion on various new topics, but
sometimes that just means getting a bite to eat and unwinding.

Having meetings on a sunday afternoon definitely helps. Instead of
worrying about getting there after work, getting home to get to sleep
or whatever.. we just show up, and hang out without counting the time.

Robert Klemme

Sy said:
Frankly, the community is what held my interest over most of the
technical issues. To me, nothing matters more than the inspiration,
motivation and relaxedness of the userbase.

Somehow it even carried into my real-life usergroup (Toronto). We
hang out, eat, chat about anything on our minds and try to positively
influence oneanother. Sometimes that includes helping with Ruby, or a
presentation or two or just discussion on various new topics, but
sometimes that just means getting a bite to eat and unwinding.

Having meetings on a sunday afternoon definitely helps. Instead of
worrying about getting there after work, getting home to get to sleep
or whatever.. we just show up, and hang out without counting the time.

Now, that's what I call a success story!

I've to say of all the news groups I read more or less regularly clr is
definitely the one with the friendliest tone and most inspiring
discussions. Let's keep it that way!

Kind regards

robert

Austin Ziegler

Frankly, the community is what held my interest over most of the
technical issues. To me, nothing matters more than the inspiration,
motivation and relaxedness of the userbase.

Somehow it even carried into my real-life usergroup (Toronto). We
hang out, eat, chat about anything on our minds and try to positively
influence oneanother. Sometimes that includes helping with Ruby, or a
presentation or two or just discussion on various new topics, but
sometimes that just means getting a bite to eat and unwinding.

... now I just have to find a Sunday when I'm not otherwise busy.

Any idea when the May meeting will be?

-austin

Sy

... now I just have to find a Sunday when I'm not otherwise busy.

Any idea when the May meeting will be?

Aah, I remember this name. =)

The meeting[1] will be the first sunday of the month (May 01), 1pm at
Sushi Rock[2]. Topics will include hanging out and eating good food.
We'll probably also chat about Ruby. =) Some of the hot issues in
the past have included using Ruby in the workplace, Rails (and
especially member projects using it), an unusual amount of mac
interest, and maybe even a secret group project. ;)

[1] http://trug.stok.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Meetings
[2] http://trug.stok.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Sushi_Rock

Sy,
http://trug.stok.co.uk/
http://sysy.homeip.net/mw/

Austin Ziegler

... now I just have to find a Sunday when I'm not otherwise busy.
Any idea when the May meeting will be?
Aah, I remember this name. =)

The meeting[1] will be the first sunday of the month (May 01), 1pm at
Sushi Rock[2]. Topics will include hanging out and eating good food.
We'll probably also chat about Ruby. =) Some of the hot issues in
the past have included using Ruby in the workplace, Rails (and
especially member projects using it), an unusual amount of mac
interest, and maybe even a secret group project. ;)

Good. Maybe I can demonstrate PDF::Writer ;)

-austin