    deal, safer and easier to implement than another?

    Many thx for any help/advise you could give on this.

    Stu
    Stuart Palmer, Mar 14, 2005

  2. Stuart Palmer

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:42:27 -0000, "Stuart Palmer"
    <> wrote:

    >not sure if this is the write place to ask this, but I am building an
    >ecommerce site with ASP (and ASP.net) and I'm trying to get some
    >recommendations on credit card authorisation suppliers such as paypal,
    >worldpay or 2checkout.
    >
    >Seems like a bit of a mine field so wondering if anyone has any view,
    >positive or negative on these (or other) suppliers.
    >
    >I notice paypal is free but chargers about 3% or the goods sold which isn't
    >bad for a small startup. I think Worldpay is about 2% but charges a monthly
    >fee.
    >Is it easy to get this up and running on a site? do you connect to theirs to
    >do the payment or just fire secured data to them to process? is one a better
    >deal, safer and easier to implement than another?
    >
    >Many thx for any help/advise you could give on this.

    Your questions aren't ASP related, but from an ASP perspective you
    want a provider that allows you to hand off a string of data to the
    service to be processed, and returns a code that the payment is
    authorized. Most major services do this but I've found a few that
    I've had problems with meeting a client's goals using the service.
    Mostly in how much info the service will process, some may only accept
    an amount o charge, while others allow you to include shipping, taxes,
    etc. that appear on the result the customer sees from the company.
    Look at the provider's specs for interchange before you decide.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Mar 14, 2005

  3. Stuart Palmer

    Bullschmidt Guest

    <<
    Seems like a bit of a mine field so wondering if anyone has any view,
    >positive or negative on these (or other) suppliers.
    >
    >I notice paypal is free but chargers about 3% or the goods sold which

    isn't
    >bad for a small startup. I think Worldpay is about 2% but charges a

    monthly
    >fee.
    >Is it easy to get this up and running on a site? do you connect to

    theirs to
    >do the payment or just fire secured data to them to process? is one a

    better
    >deal, safer and easier to implement than another?

    Well I believe that PayPal requires the person paying to also be a
    member. And something like GoEMerchant.com allows anyone to pay but has
    a monthly charge to the Web site owner. And I believe that they all
    take a nominal percentage out of each credit card order.

    Either can be done with a link (with lots of querystring variables).

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Mar 15, 2005