Good credit card accepting supplier

Stuart Palmer

Hi,
not sure if this is the write place to ask this, but I am building an
ecommerce site with ASP (and ASP.net) and I'm trying to get some
recommendations on credit card authorisation suppliers such as paypal,
worldpay or 2checkout.

Seems like a bit of a mine field so wondering if anyone has any view,
positive or negative on these (or other) suppliers.

I notice paypal is free but chargers about 3% or the goods sold which isn't
bad for a small startup. I think Worldpay is about 2% but charges a monthly
fee.
Is it easy to get this up and running on a site? do you connect to theirs to
do the payment or just fire secured data to them to process? is one a better
deal, safer and easier to implement than another?

Many thx for any help/advise you could give on this.

Stu

Jeff Cochran

not sure if this is the write place to ask this, but I am building an
ecommerce site with ASP (and ASP.net) and I'm trying to get some
recommendations on credit card authorisation suppliers such as paypal,
worldpay or 2checkout.

Seems like a bit of a mine field so wondering if anyone has any view,
positive or negative on these (or other) suppliers.

I notice paypal is free but chargers about 3% or the goods sold which isn't
bad for a small startup. I think Worldpay is about 2% but charges a monthly
fee.
Is it easy to get this up and running on a site? do you connect to theirs to
do the payment or just fire secured data to them to process? is one a better
deal, safer and easier to implement than another?

Many thx for any help/advise you could give on this.

Your questions aren't ASP related, but from an ASP perspective you
want a provider that allows you to hand off a string of data to the
service to be processed, and returns a code that the payment is
authorized. Most major services do this but I've found a few that
I've had problems with meeting a client's goals using the service.
Mostly in how much info the service will process, some may only accept
an amount o charge, while others allow you to include shipping, taxes,
etc. that appear on the result the customer sees from the company.
Look at the provider's specs for interchange before you decide.

Jeff

Bullschmidt

<<
Seems like a bit of a mine field so wondering if anyone has any view,
positive or negative on these (or other) suppliers.

I notice paypal is free but chargers about 3% or the goods sold which isn't
bad for a small startup. I think Worldpay is about 2% but charges a monthly
fee.
Is it easy to get this up and running on a site? do you connect to theirs to
do the payment or just fire secured data to them to process? is one a better
deal, safer and easier to implement than another?

Well I believe that PayPal requires the person paying to also be a
member. And something like GoEMerchant.com allows anyone to pay but has
a monthly charge to the Web site owner. And I believe that they all
take a nominal percentage out of each credit card order.

Either can be done with a link (with lots of querystring variables).

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com