    etc.)?

    Thanks,
    Jerry
    Jerry, Feb 13, 2004

    http://dorward.me.uk/www/css/

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Jerry

    Dylan Parry Guest

    David Dorward wrote:

    > Jerry wrote:
    >> does anybody know some good websites about CSS (samples for layout &
    >> design, etc.)?

    > http://dorward.me.uk/www/css/

    Any reason why that page shows:

    ---
    CSS Templates
    Page Templates
    The Noodle Incident Box Lessons has a collection of n-column designs using
    all sorts of hacks to persuade buggy browsers (like MSIE) to render them
    properly. <UNKNOWN CONTENT=" Dead link @ last test
    ---

    at the bottom?

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Dylan Parry wrote:

    >> http://dorward.me.uk/www/css/

    > Any reason why that page shows:
    > properly. <UNKNOWN CONTENT=" Dead link @ last test

    > at the bottom?

    Becuase your browser (which would appear to be Opera 7.50 for Linux) can't
    handle a comment properly? Opera 7.23 can handle it OK here.

    ....render them properly.</li>

    <!-- Dead link @ last test
    <li><a href="http://www.firda.lemurpants.com/css/">CSS Colouring
    Book</a></li>
    -->

    <li><a href="http://ww...

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, Feb 13, 2004
  5. Jerry

    Dylan Parry Guest

    David Dorward wrote:

    > Becuase your browser (which would appear to be Opera 7.50 for Linux)
    > can't handle a comment properly? Opera 7.23 can handle it OK here.

    Hmm. That's quite odd. I've never noticed any problems with comments
    before in Opera 7.5 - any idea which particular part of the comment is
    causing the problem?

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Now playing: Chris Squire - Lucky Seven from "Fish Out of Water"
    Dylan Parry, Feb 13, 2004
  6. Dylan Parry wrote:

    > David Dorward wrote:
    >
    >> Becuase your browser (which would appear to be Opera 7.50 for Linux)
    >> can't handle a comment properly? Opera 7.23 can handle it OK here.

    > Hmm. That's quite odd. I've never noticed any problems with comments
    > before in Opera 7.5 - any idea which particular part of the comment is
    > causing the problem?

    Nope, never seen anything like it. That was just a guess.

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, Feb 13, 2004
  7. Jerry

    Dylan Parry Guest

    David Dorward wrote:

    >>> Becuase your browser (which would appear to be Opera 7.50 for Linux)
    >>> can't handle a comment properly? Opera 7.23 can handle it OK here.

    >> Hmm. That's quite odd. I've never noticed any problems with comments
    >> before in Opera 7.5 - any idea which particular part of the comment is
    >> causing the problem?

    > Nope, never seen anything like it. That was just a guess.

    Very good one at that! How did you know I was using Opera 7.5 for Linux?

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Now playing: Enya - Flora's Secret from "A Day without Rain"
    Dylan Parry, Feb 13, 2004
  8. Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Very good one at that! How did you know I was using Opera 7.5 for Linux?

    Magic :)

    (OK, I looked at the headers of your Usenet post to find out your IP address
    then greped my Apache logs for it :D)

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, Feb 13, 2004
  9. Jerry

    Dylan Parry Guest

    David Dorward wrote:

    > Dylan Parry wrote:
    >
    >> Very good one at that! How did you know I was using Opera 7.5 for
    >> Linux?

    > Magic :)
    >
    > (OK, I looked at the headers of your Usenet post to find out your IP
    > address then greped my Apache logs for it :D)

    Heh, very clever - I would never have thought to do that!

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Now playing: Yes - Saving My Heart from "Union"
    Dylan Parry, Feb 13, 2004