Good defect tracking system for software development

Guest

We develop ASP.NET based web application for a while, and don’t have defect
(bug) reporting and tracking system for development right now. We consider
using defect report and track software. There is tan of similar software
there, but we don’t know which one is good enough and not costs us much. So
we want to listen your experiences.

We have very limited budget (public school), and can not spend more than few
hundreds dollar on this software. The defect tracking software should run on
Windows 2000 or 2003 servers with MS SQL 2000 server environment since we
already have those server on our network. The defect tracking system is not
necessary complex and powerful. We need basic function, such as reporting
bugs, prioritizing bugs, search bugs… It’s better to be a WEB based, so out
side users can report bugs through internet.

Do you have any suggestion and advice? Thanks.

Shaw