Good evening, rubyists!

coyo

Hello everyone, I'm coyo.

I'm a newbie, learning ruby for the first time (my first programming language, in fact)!

I just wanted to say "hello" and see how you guys were doing.

I'm studying hard, trying to get down the syntax and going over tutorials.

I can write simple code now, but I have very high ambitions.

I want to write a P2P instant messenger platform almost completely in ruby, with some java native extensions.

I'm planning on using JRuby, JVM (maybe), SQLite-Ruby, MsgPack, RubyTorrent (for distribution of status updates), and a few other things.

I've got a long way to go, however.

Wish me luck! -- Alex Maurin (coyo)

Robert Klemme

Hello everyone, I'm coyo.

Welcome to the world of Ruby!
I'm a newbie, learning ruby for the first time (my first programming language, in fact)!
Good!

I just wanted to say "hello" and see how you guys were doing.

Hello! We're doing pretty good - but the newsgroup isn't since the
gateway has been shut down. I regret that but things are the way they
are. You'll find more of us on the mailing list and on
http://www.ruby-forum.com/ .
I'm studying hard, trying to get down the syntax and going over tutorials.
Good.

I can write simple code now, but I have very high ambitions.

Well, be prepared that it might take some time until you get there.
Wish me luck! -- Alex Maurin (coyo)

I wish you luck - and patience.

Kind regards

robert

Robert Klemme

What's this about the gateway being shut down? I'm new to the newsgroup, so
sorry if this is a well-hashed-out topic.

There used to be a bidirectional gateway between c.l.r and ruby-talk ML
which has been shut down. Now there is only a gateway left between
ruby-talk ML and ruby-forum.com.

Kind regards

robert

Billy.Zheng

Welcome~ Ruby is my favorite language too.
I have the same purpose with you.
I want use Ruby to do anything, even not so efficient.

just for fun!