    I'm planning on using JRuby, JVM (maybe), SQLite-Ruby, MsgPack, RubyTorrent (for distribution of status updates), and a few other things.

    I've got a long way to go, however.

    Wish me luck! -- Alex Maurin (coyo)

    coyo, Sep 13, 2012

  2. On 09/13/2012 03:05 AM, coyo wrote:
    > Hello everyone, I'm coyo.

    Welcome to the world of Ruby!

    > I'm a newbie, learning ruby for the first time (my first programming language, in fact)!

    Good!

    > I just wanted to say "hello" and see how you guys were doing.

    Hello! We're doing pretty good - but the newsgroup isn't since the
    gateway has been shut down. I regret that but things are the way they
    are. You'll find more of us on the mailing list and on
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/ .

    > I'm studying hard, trying to get down the syntax and going over tutorials.

    Good.

    > I can write simple code now, but I have very high ambitions.

    Well, be prepared that it might take some time until you get there.

    > Wish me luck! -- Alex Maurin (coyo)

    I wish you luck - and patience.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Sep 13, 2012

  3. On 14.09.2012 04:54, RebelCanadian wrote:
    >> Hello! We're doing pretty good - but the newsgroup isn't since the
    >> gateway has been shut down. I regret that but things are the way they
    >> are. You'll find more of us on the mailing list and on
    >> http://www.ruby-forum.com/ .

    > What's this about the gateway being shut down? I'm new to the newsgroup, so
    > sorry if this is a well-hashed-out topic.

    There used to be a bidirectional gateway between c.l.r and ruby-talk ML
    which has been shut down. Now there is only a gateway left between
    ruby-talk ML and ruby-forum.com.

    Kind regards

    robert

    http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

    Robert Klemme, Sep 14, 2012
  4. coyo

    Billy.Zheng Guest

    Welcome~ Ruby is my favorite language too.
    I have the same purpose with you.
    I want use Ruby to do anything, even not so efficient.

    just for fun!

    Billy.Zheng, Oct 24, 2012