    Joey Guest

    Can someone provide me with URLs of well designed liquid sites?

    Cheers,

    Joey, Jul 15, 2008

  2. Joey

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    mbstevens <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 03:26:04 +0100, el Joey punched in:
    >
    > > Can someone provide me with URLs of well designed liquid sites?
    > >
    > > Cheers,

    > Here is one that is not liquid, yet is a liquid site
    > and passes validation.
    > http://www.chem4kids.com/files/matter_liquid.html
    >

    > Here is one with beautiful liquid design,
    > although the markup is horrid, and so is the design,
    > which is not at all liquid.
    > http://www.liquidsculpture.com/fine_art/image.htm?title=Carnival

    Very nice, mb!

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 15, 2008

  3. Joey

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Jul 14, 9:57 pm, mbstevens <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 03:26:04 +0100,  el Joey punched in:
    >
    > > Can someone provide me with URLs of well designed liquid sites?

    > > Cheers,

    > Here is one that is not liquid, yet is a liquid site
    > and passes validation.http://www.chem4kids.com/files/matter_liquid.html

    Yes it validates at w3c, but with several warnings for using xhtml
    self closing such as <br /> on an html 4.01 transitional page.

    > Here is one with beautiful liquid design,
    > although the markup is horrid, and so is the design,
    > which is not at all liquid.http://www.liquidsculpture.com/fine_art/image.htm?title=Carnival

    Yes the site is beautiful, but it is an excellent example of how a
    site in html 4.01 transitional can view well with over 90 errors in
    code shown at the w3c validator. The code is a mess. If you changed
    this to xhtml and served it properly as application/xhtml+xml, there
    would be over 90 errors in the html 4.01 transitional version that
    would have to be corrected, and likely many for more strict xhtml,
    before the page would show at all rather than being shown just an
    error message when the page is parsed as xml by an xhtml capable
    browser, as most now are with the exception of all IE browsers
    through IE7.

    cwdjrxyz, Jul 15, 2008
  4. On Jul 14, 10:26 pm, "Joey" <32fs.sg> wrote:
    > Can someone provide me with URLs of well designed liquid sites?

    Do you mean technically well designed, or cosmetically well designed?

    Travis Newbury, Jul 15, 2008
  5. mbstevens wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 03:26:04 +0100, el Joey punched in:
    >
    >> Can someone provide me with URLs of well designed liquid sites?
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > Here is one that is not liquid, yet is a liquid site
    > and passes validation.
    > http://www.chem4kids.com/files/matter_liquid.html
    >

    > Here is one with beautiful liquid design,
    > although the markup is horrid, and so is the design,
    > which is not at all liquid.
    > http://www.liquidsculpture.com/fine_art/image.htm?title=Carnival

    Real cute! ;-) Although OP probably meant in layout not topic, but most
    likely a troll, this site I did recently for a customer is probably a
    candidate for a good flexible web layout:

    http://www.bigbra.com

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 15, 2008
  6. Joey

    Paul Guest

    "mbstevens" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 03:26:04 +0100, el Joey punched in:
    >
    > Here is one with beautiful liquid design,
    > although the markup is horrid, and so is the design,
    > which is not at all liquid.
    > http://www.liquidsculpture.com/fine_art/image.htm?title=Carnival

    Have you noted that it isn't possible save those photo using the right button of mouse?
    Fine trick!
    Paul

    Paul, Jul 15, 2008
  7. Martin Jay wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:05:15 +0200, "Paul"
    > <> wrote:
    >> "mbstevens" <> ha scritto nel messaggio

    >>> http://www.liquidsculpture.com/fine_art/image.htm?title=Carnival

    >> Have you noted that it isn't possible save those photo using the right button of mouse?
    >> Fine trick!

    > Until you switch off Javascript. :)

    Or from a modern browser Firefox clicking the "media" tab on the "Page
    Info" select image and "Save as..."

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan