Good execution time?

Tomas Fork

I have written a few functions that are used on several pages throughout my
site and am wondering what a good exection time might be (generally).

The inital page a user is faced with after logging in pulls data from
several different tables and displays 40 rows all together. The execution
time for this particular page is the slowest at approx. 950 ms to 1400 ms.
This seems awfully slow. This is probably because I am executing 10
different stored procedures instead of one (I thought it would be too big of
a challenge to write a single select statement and parse through all the
data).

What sort of execution times are acceptable to most of you? What do you
usually shoot for?