good exercises for Beginner

Kanthi Kiran Narisetti

Hi ALL,

I am new to programming and python. In my quest to get good at
programming, even when I am able to get through the python tutorials I
feel for lack of exercises & examples that emphasises the programming
logic skills. The examples are just introduction to particular
definition of the concepts.

I would appreciate if any one provide me the resources to find such
exercise(irrespective of Programming language) , working on which would
help to build to skills in programming for problem solving which is
more critical.

any tutorials or online links and also advise for newbie are highly
appreciated

Thank You in advance.

Kanthi Narisetti

Miki Tebeka

Hello Kanthi,
I would appreciate if any one provide me the resources to find such
exercise(irrespective of Programming language) , working on which would
help to build to skills in programming for problem solving which is
more critical.
http://www.pythonchallenge.com/

HTH.
Miki Tebeka <[email protected]>
http://tebeka.bizhat.com
The only difference between children and adults is the price of the toys

Magnus Lycka

Kanthi said:
I am new to programming and python. In my quest to get good at
programming, even when I am able to get through the python tutorials I
feel for lack of exercises & examples that emphasises the programming
logic skills. The examples are just introduction to particular
definition of the concepts.

I would appreciate if any one provide me the resources to find such
exercise(irrespective of Programming language) , working on which would
help to build to skills in programming for problem solving which is
more critical.

Bentley's book "Programming Pearls" might be good. I've found it
rewarding to implement the things he describes in Python. It's
rather focused on achieving performance efficient solutions though,
and IIRC, it completely ignores object oriented programming. (The
first edition was written 20 years ago.) Still very good though.

The Python Cookbook 2nd ed, is a great resource of Python code
examples. It's based on a web resource, but the book is still well
worth the money.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/

You could also take a look at http://diveintopython.org/