    Thank you,

    QB
    , Aug 21, 2008

  2. On 2008-08-21, wrote:
    > I'm trying to help someone out who is looking for a 100% free, no
    > strings attached, web (HTML) editor. I've looked around and found
    > many, but when you install them there are issues... Can anyone
    > recommend one in particular that stands out to do simple changes to
    > existing pages?

    For any and all pages: GNU emacs.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Aug 21, 2008

  3. Chaddy2222 Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm trying to help someone out who is looking for a 100% free, no
    > strings attached, web (HTML) editor. I've looked around and found
    > many, but when you install them there are issues... Can anyone
    > recommend one in particular that stands out to do simple changes to
    > existing pages?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > QB

    Take a look at Crimson Editor.
    http://crimsoneditor.com
    Chaddy2222, Aug 22, 2008
  4. On Aug 21, 3:56 pm, wrote:
    > I'm trying to help someone out who is looking for a 100% free, no
    > strings attached, web (HTML) editor.

    If you googled the group for the words "free html editor" you could
    have saved us all a little time...

    --
    Travis
    Flash Crap: http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com
    Travis Newbury, Aug 22, 2008
  5. ioni Guest

    On Aug 22, 12:17 pm, Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    > On Aug 21, 3:56 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > I'm trying to help someone out who is looking for a 100% free, no
    > > strings attached, web (HTML) editor.

    > If you googled the group for the words "free html editor" you could
    > have saved us all a little time...
    >
    > --
    > Travis
    > Flash Crap:http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com

    Yep, Trev, some people that 'compose' in HTML never mind Google.

    ioni
    ioni, Aug 22, 2008
  6. Neredbojias Guest

    On 22 Aug 2008, ioni <> wrote:

    > On Aug 22, 12:17 pm, Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    >> On Aug 21, 3:56 pm, wrote:
    >>
    >> > I'm trying to help someone out who is looking for a 100% free, no
    >> > strings attached, web (HTML) editor.

    >> If you googled the group for the words "free html editor" you could
    >> have saved us all a little time...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Travis
    >> Flash Crap:http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com

    > Yep, Trev, some people that 'compose' in HTML never mind Google.

    But there are some people that are so laid-back they are oft referred to as
    "composed heaps"...

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 22, 2008
  7. richard Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:56:35 -0700 (PDT),
    wrote:

    >I'm trying to help someone out who is looking for a 100% free, no
    >strings attached, web (HTML) editor. I've looked around and found
    >many, but when you install them there are issues... Can anyone
    >recommend one in particular that stands out to do simple changes to
    >existing pages?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >QB

    http://software.visicommedia.com/en/products/acehtmlfreeware/

    I kind of like Ace. After the trial period you lose a few things but
    for me that's not been a problem. Numerous files can be opened at the
    same time and will be there the next time you open it.

    Indenting, color coded coding, let's you know right away if you didn't
    enter the code word right. Preserves what YOU entered, does not add
    stuff you don't want. Built in page viewer.
    richard, Aug 22, 2008
  8. richard Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:08:29 -0700, DLU <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I'm trying to help someone out who is looking for a 100% free, no
    >> strings attached, web (HTML) editor. I've looked around and found
    >> many, but when you install them there are issues... Can anyone
    >> recommend one in particular that stands out to do simple changes to
    >> existing pages?
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >>
    >> QB

    >If there are any computer swap meets near you, you can find older copies
    >of front page pretty cheap. I bought mine about 6 years ago for $2. I
    >bought the Expression Web which is the FrontPage upgrade for $89 or
    >something close to that.
    >
    >The Expression web comes with an FTP that is easy to use. I tried
    >earthlinks FTP for some time and it is a pain. I know there are some
    >free FTP programs out there but I did not find ones I liked.

    You should trash FP pre 2000. It was garbage then and over the years
    it is still garbage. Seamonkey and Kompozer do better jobs.

    For FTP try filezilla.
    richard, Aug 23, 2008
  9. Roy A. Guest

    On 23 Aug, 06:08, DLU <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I'm trying to help someone out who is looking for a 100% free, no
    > > strings attached, web (HTML) editor.  I've looked around and found
    > > many, but when you install them there are issues...  Can anyone
    > > recommend one in particular that stands out to do simple changes to
    > > existing pages?

    > > Thank you,

    > > QB

    > If there are any computer swap meets near you, you can find older copies
    > of front page pretty cheap.  I bought mine about 6 years ago for $2.  I
    > bought the Expression Web which is the FrontPage upgrade for $89 or
    > something close to that.

    Expression Web is not just a upgrade of FrontPage. It requires an
    .NET Framework. If you're going down that path I would suggest
    e.g. Delphi for PHP (http://www.codegear.com/products/delphi/php).

    > The Expression web comes with an FTP that is easy to use.  I tried
    > earthlinks FTP for some time and it is a pain.  I know there are some
    > free FTP programs out there but I did not find ones I liked.

    You don't have to go to a computer swap to get a cheap HTML editor
    with a FTP that is easy to use. For $89 you can buy several:

    http://website-creation-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

    On windows you can use e.g. Notepad++ and Filezilla for free.
    Kompozer also has an easy to use FTP.

    On linux I would go for Quanta Plus. With php-includes it
    works, for me, as well as Dreamweaver.

    I wouldn't dream of using most of the features. But for
    simple changes like entering paragraphs, it's easier in
    an non-html mode.
    Roy A., Aug 23, 2008
  10. Bergamot Guest

    Roy A. wrote:

    > You don't have to go to a computer swap to get a cheap HTML editor
    > with a FTP that is easy to use. For $89 you can buy several:
    >
    > http://website-creation-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

    If their own page is any indication of the quality of products they're
    reviewing, than I'd say avoid everything mentioned on that page.

    Some of them I'm familiar with and can say with certainty: avoid them at
    any cost. WebEasy and Site Spinner for sure. I don't have high hopes for
    the rest.

    > On windows you can use e.g. Notepad++ and Filezilla for free.

    I don't care for Filezilla myself. The free version of CoreFTP is less
    cluttered, I think.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Aug 24, 2008