Good idea, bad execution

Joe Snodgrass

Several years ago, somebody invented a clever email add-on that would
alert you to the fact that you were using harsh language, so you
wouldn't hit the "send" key.

This is wrongheaded. The place you want to put it is on the receive
end, to alert you that someone was about to insult you, so you could
delete the diatribe without reading it.

Does anybody know what was the name of that invention, or the company
or person who invented it?

Aardvark

Several years ago, somebody invented a clever email add-on that would
alert you to the fact that you were using harsh language, so you
wouldn't hit the "send" key.

This is wrongheaded. The place you want to put it is on the receive
end, to alert you that someone was about to insult you, so you could
delete the diatribe without reading it.

Does anybody know what was the name of that invention, or the company or
person who invented it?

Censor4pussies?

StevieO

Several years ago, somebody invented a clever email add-on that would
alert you to the fact that you were using harsh language, so you
wouldn't hit the "send" key.

This is wrongheaded. The place you want to put it is on the receive
end, to alert you that someone was about to insult you, so you could
delete the diatribe without reading it.

Does anybody know what was the name of that invention, or the company or
person who invented it?

x Censor4pussies?

Brit invention.....chickenshitmuslimlovers

Old Gringo38

Several years ago, somebody invented a clever email add-on that would
alert you to the fact that you were using harsh language, so you
wouldn't hit the "send" key.

This is wrongheaded. The place you want to put it is on the receive
end, to alert you that someone was about to insult you, so you could
delete the diatribe without reading it.

Does anybody know what was the name of that invention, or the company
or person who invented it?

Maybe your server has this for you to train.?
http://www1.seattlelab.com/products/mailwardenpro/default.asp
Or maybe Google for something to help you accomplish your goal.

Meat Plow

Several years ago, somebody invented a clever email add-on that would
alert you to the fact that you were using harsh language, so you
wouldn't hit the "send" key.

This is wrongheaded. The place you want to put it is on the receive
end, to alert you that someone was about to insult you, so you could
delete the diatribe without reading it.

Does anybody know what was the name of that invention, or the company or
person who invented it?

The inventor was God and the invention was called The Brain.

Lew

Some dipshit motherfucker.

Meat said:
The inventor was God and the invention was called The Brain.

Yes, She did create the brain, or it created itself, or She created the soul
that created the brain, but I am not sure "invented" is the appropriate verb.
We don't say a sculptor "invents" a sculpture or a composer "invents" an
aria, we say they "create" or "compose" it.

Nice bit of humorous proselytizing, though.

Bucky Breeder

Joe Snodgrass said:
Several years ago, somebody invented a clever email add-on that would
alert you to the fact that you were using harsh language, so you
wouldn't hit the "send" key.

This is wrongheaded. The place you want to put it is on the receive
end, to alert you that someone was about to insult you, so you could
delete the diatribe without reading it.

Does anybody know what was the name of that invention, or the company
or person who invented it?

Yes. It is called your "mind". God invented it and gave it to you
as freeware. That's probably why so many people abuse it so much.
A lot of people who lose their mind are joining the Tea Party and
watching FauxNews and the Murray Povich Baby-Daddy Shows. Some people
actually take drugs and alcohol because what is the use of having a
mind if you can't abuse it all the time? If they had to pay for their
mind, they'd probably take better care of it. If they could only now
download another one.

But, alas, the authorized license is only one each.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

Bucky Breeder

Bucky Breeder wrote out this awesome helpfulness for the peeples:
Yes. It is called your "mind". God invented it and gave it to you
as freeware. That's probably why so many people abuse it so much.
A lot of people who lose their mind are joining the Tea Party and
watching FauxNews and the Murray Povich Baby-Daddy Shows. Some people
actually take drugs and alcohol because what is the use of having a
mind if you can't abuse it all the time? If they had to pay for their
mind, they'd probably take better care of it. If they could only now
download another one.

But, alas, the authorized license is only one each.

HTH.

Except for the wimmins. They are allowed to change their minds.

I'm pretty sure this is because of their boobies; however, there
may be a more practical or spiritual explanation. Now, where
they get the new ones is *anybodys* guess; but I do know that
they frequently do manage to pull it off...

HTH [somemore].

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

(And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

Anyone

Several years ago, somebody invented a clever email add-on that would
alert you to the fact that you were using harsh language, so you
wouldn't hit the "send" key.

This is wrongheaded. The place you want to put it is on the receive
end, to alert you that someone was about to insult you, so you could
delete the diatribe without reading it.

Does anybody know what was the name of that invention, or the company or
person who invented it?

"Common sense", that seems to have eluded you.

Meanwhile, go ogle "Eudora mail client".

Mike Schilling

Anyone said:
"Common sense", that seems to have eluded you.

Meanwhile, go ogle "Eudora mail client".

Eudora had a nice screen layout, but not *that* nice.

Lew

Mike said:
Eudora had a nice screen layout, but not *that* nice.

I stared at your response for about five or six seconds, then I got the humor
depth-charge style. Then, BOOM - I nearly awoke my wife guffawing.

Brilliant, Mike.

Daniel Pitts

Some dipshit motherfucker.

Yes, She did create the brain, or it created itself, or She created the
soul that created the brain, but I am not sure "invented" is the
appropriate verb. We don't say a sculptor "invents" a sculpture or a
composer "invents" an aria, we say they "create" or "compose" it.

Nice bit of humorous proselytizing, though.
Without getting into a religious debate, I often chose too interpret
"God" as "The natural consequences of the universe existing" where
appropriate, and restructuring the surrounding sentence so that it fits
the intent of the originator with my understanding of the universe.

I'm not saying I'm an atheist, just that "God" as an explanation is too
course grained most of the time. Yes, God did lots of great stuff, but
its not outside our ability to understand why/how a lot of it happened.

So, my interpretation of what Meat Plow wrote:

"The filter is created by evolution and it evolved into The Brain."

Normally I apply this translation internally so as not to offend other
people (you should try that sometime Lew). I often appreciate your
contributions, and agree with your opinions, but presentation accounts
for something.

Lew

Without getting into a religious debate, I often chose too interpret
"God" as "The natural consequences of the universe existing" where
appropriate, and restructuring the surrounding sentence so that it fits
the intent of the originator with my understanding of the universe.

I'm not saying I'm an atheist, just that "God" as an explanation is too
course grained most of the time. Yes, God did lots of great stuff, but
its not outside our ability to understand why/how a lot of it happened.

So, my interpretation of what Meat Plow wrote:

"The filter is created by evolution and it evolved into The Brain."

Normally I apply this translation internally so as not to offend other
people (you should try that sometime Lew). I often appreciate your
contributions, and agree with your opinions, but presentation accounts
for something.

Huh? What'd I do wrong /this/ time?

Jesus, people! You are all a pack of cards.

The OP referred to God in a semi-humorous style. I responded in kind. Why in
the holy Hells is that a problem for you?

Christ on a crutch!

ClassCastException

Meanwhile, go ogle "Eudora mail client".

It just occurred to me. Could Google's name have actually been inspired
by the phrase "go ogle", in recognition of what a sizable fraction of
searches' purposes would be?

"Go ogle Yvonne Strahovsky" -- "Google Yvonne Strahovski".
"Go ogle Adriana Lima" -- "Google Adriana Lima".

And so on.

Coincidence? I think not!

And it reached its apotheosis with the introduction of Google Image
Search...

Joe Snodgrass

It just occurred to me. Could Google's name have actually been inspired
by the phrase "go ogle", in recognition of what a sizable fraction of
searches' purposes would be?

"Go ogle Yvonne Strahovsky" -- "Google Yvonne Strahovski".

Oh, I do. Oh, I really do. Pant pant.
"Go ogle Adriana Lima" -- "Google Adriana Lima".

And so on.

Coincidence? I think not!

And it reached its apotheosis with the introduction of Google Image
Search...

It's a typo by an illiterate Stanford CS student, who didn't know how
to spell googol, 10 to the 100th power. Nowadays, they'll let anyone
in. :p

I just call it 'goo.'

Lew

Joe said:
It's a typo by an illiterate Stanford CS student, who didn't know how
to spell googol, 10 to the 100th power. Nowadays, they'll let anyone
in. :p

It is quite typical of corporations to alter spelling of a regular word to
make it trademarkable.

nut

Several years ago, somebody invented a clever email add-on that would
alert you to the fact that you were using harsh language, so you
wouldn't hit the "send" key.

This is wrongheaded. The place you want to put it is on the receive
end, to alert you that someone was about to insult you, so you could
delete the diatribe without reading it.

Does anybody know what was the name of that invention, or the company
or person who invented it?

Go **** yourself, you pussy.

Joe Snodgrass