    Is SWING the only thing i must read ?

    Wishes
    thanasis

    Thanasis, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Thanasis wrote:

    > Could please someone experienced java programmer suggest to me some good
    > books i must read in order to program these animation applets?
    >
    > Is SWING the only thing i must read ?

    You should learn the Swing basics, may consider learning
    about the powerful Java2D API. And make sure you understand
    threading and buffering techniques.

    Many animated applets combine these techniques and use
    frame-based animation iterations - and that's a good thing.
    I provide a free framework for time-based animations, see
    http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/animation/
    On the page you can find an article around basics of
    time-based animations.

    For the threading stuff see Sun's Swing connection.

    Hope this helps,
    Karsten

    Karsten Lentzsch, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Thanasis

    Thanasis Guest

    Thanks a lot

    ? "Karsten Lentzsch" <> ?????? ??? ??????

    Thanasis, Jan 11, 2004