Good Javascript HTML editor?

ljf

I am creating a simple website for someone and they would like to be
able to update the content themselves. The last time I did that,
however, I used a free Javascript HTML editor along with MySQL and PHP
to allow the site's owner to make changes in a WYSISWG fashion, but on
looking at the site afterwards, the original semantic HTML I put in the
db had been replaced by non-valid font tag soup with <br><br> instead of
paragraphs (this was the output of the editor -- I forget which one I used).

Is there a way to allow the client to manipulate the content without it
ruining the site's markup?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:12:07
GMT ljf scribed:
I am creating a simple website for someone and they would like to be
able to update the content themselves. The last time I did that,
however, I used a free Javascript HTML editor along with MySQL and PHP
to allow the site's owner to make changes in a WYSISWG fashion, but on
looking at the site afterwards, the original semantic HTML I put in
the db had been replaced by non-valid font tag soup with <br><br>
instead of paragraphs (this was the output of the editor -- I forget
which one I used).

Is there a way to allow the client to manipulate the content without
it ruining the site's markup?

Yes. Server-side scripting with _very careful_ checks. I've been doing a
bit of that myself lately. You'll have to look around, but if you have the
time -

http://www.neredbojias.com/

Namely the blog at the bottom and the "Ind. Page Editors and Links" link.