    there is anything else.

    Thanks,
    Tvrtko
    Tvrtko, Sep 24, 2009

  2. Tvrtko

    Jeff McNeil Guest

    On Sep 23, 8:29 pm, Tvrtko <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there any good alternative to twisted for network programming which
    > doesn't involve asynchronous programming? I don't really like the
    > asynchronous model because it is hard to incorporate all other
    > blocking libraries that I have to use. And the code doesn't look nice.
    > I recently found the diesel project which is much nicer, but still
    > asynchronous.
    >
    > I'm looking for something that will manage all threads and connections
    > and be between me and a raw socket.
    >
    > I know about the socketserver from standard library and I'm asking if
    > there is anything else.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tvrtko

    I know this probably isn't overly helpful, but Twisted allows you to
    defer a blocking call to a thread using a 'deferToThread' construct.
    It exists so that you can run otherwise synchronous calls in an async.
    manner.

    --
    Thanks,

    Jeff
    mcjeff.blogspot.com
    Jeff McNeil, Sep 24, 2009

  3. Tvrtko

    Tvrtko Guest

    On Sep 24, 4:36 am, Jeff McNeil <> wrote:
    > I know this probably isn't overly helpful, but Twisted allows you to
    > defer a blocking call to a thread using a 'deferToThread' construct.
    > It exists so that you can run otherwise synchronous calls in an async.
    > manner.

    I'm already using this, but the larger issue still remains.
    Tvrtko, Sep 24, 2009