    Via Nova OpenGL, Open Inventor 3D products, Windows 95/NT
    Dallas, Texas VC++, C#, embedded systems, VxD's
    1977 SSII SRX31185
    Zachary Hilbun, Dec 17, 2009

  2. Zachary Hilbun

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Thu, 2009-12-17, Zachary Hilbun wrote:
    > I already know C, VC++, C# and have done some C++ coding using Eclipse under
    > Linux. I'd like to get better at C++ coding under Linux.

    Does the mention of VC++ mean you know C++ already? There are no
    universal C++ APIs to learn in Unix; you just use ordinary C APIs.

    > Is there a good
    > paper book that combines C++, Linux, Eclipse, and Qt? I'd prefer a single
    > book because I don't want to duplicate my reading.

    You mean the Linux book will cover C++ programming, and the Eclipse
    book will teach the POSIX APIs?

    > If there is not a single
    > book on this, what good books would cover these topics with the fewest books
    > read?

    I think it's unwise to try to minimize the number of books -- you'll
    miss out on the very best of them. Eclipse didn't exist when
    W R Stevens wrote /Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment/
    (and I bet he would have used vi anyway); most Unix wizards dislike C++;
    Stroustrup probably is a wizard but has no room for it in his
    books ... and so on.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .