    * Support for either Bazaar (preferred) or CVS

    Thanks !

    - Sourabh

    Sourabh Mhaisekar, Jan 6, 2013

  2. Sourabh Mhaisekar

    Tetsuya Guest

    On 01/06/2013 05:45 AM, Sourabh Mhaisekar wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > I am recently started couple of projects in Python, one in Python GTK
    > and one in Python Qt. I want a good IDE (For Windows ) for Python which
    > gives support for Python as well as PyGtk and PyQt.
    >
    > Features I am looking for
    > * Support for Core Python Auto-completion.
    > * Support for PyGtk and PyQt
    > * Support for either Bazaar (preferred) or CVS
    >
    > Thanks !
    >
    > - Sourabh

    I develop only under GNU/Linux (using Vim, with some plugins like
    python-jedi and supertab for autocompletion, Gundo for undo management
    in a *very* smart way, etc..), but in the recent past I tried various
    IDEs. They're all ugly and/or cumbersome, but it seemed to me that the
    less ugly maybe is PyCharm, you could try that.

    Tetsuya, Jan 6, 2013

  3. On 06/01/2013 7:48 AM, Tetsuya wrote:
    > On 01/06/2013 05:45 AM, Sourabh Mhaisekar wrote:
    >> Hello All,
    >> I am recently started couple of projects in Python, one in Python GTK
    > > and one in Python Qt. I want a good IDE (For Windows ) for Python which
    > > gives support for Python as well as PyGtk and PyQt.
    >>
    >> Features I am looking for
    >> * Support for Core Python Auto-completion.
    >> * Support for PyGtk and PyQt
    >> * Support for either Bazaar (preferred) or CVS
    >>
    >> Thanks !
    >>
    >> - Sourabh
    >>

    > I develop only under GNU/Linux (using Vim, with some plugins like
    > python-jedi and supertab for autocompletion, Gundo for undo management
    > in a *very* smart way, etc..), but in the recent past I tried various
    > IDEs. They're all ugly and/or cumbersome, but it seemed to me that the
    > less ugly maybe is PyCharm, you could try that.

    I would suggest that you look at PyScripter for Windows or Linuz when
    Wine is available.

    See: http://www.decalage.info/en/python/tutorial

    Colin W.

    Colin J. Williams, Jan 6, 2013
  4. Lots of good options out there... currently I'm liking spyder or eclipse
    a lot.

    Monte Milanuk, Jan 6, 2013
  5. Sourabh Mhaisekar

    Tim Johnson Guest

    * Sourabh Mhaisekar <> [130106 07:11]:
    > Hello All,
    > I am recently started couple of projects in Python, one in Python GTK and one in Python Qt. I want a good IDE (For Windows ) for Python which gives support for Python as well as PyGtk and PyQt.
    >
    > Features I am looking for
    > * Support for Core Python Auto-completion.
    > * Support for PyGtk and PyQt
    > * Support for either Bazaar (preferred) or CVS

    I haven't developed on windows in over 10 years, but as I recall,
    pythonwin worked well for me at the time. I don't recall whether
    the 2nd and 3rd features you refer to were available, but the
    first was. It is easy enough to try.

    Now I use vim for all of my work. I pretty-much hand-rolled my own
    IDE, which is typical of vimmers.
    --
    Tim
    http://www.akwebsoft.com

    Tim Johnson, Jan 6, 2013
  6. Sourabh Mhaisekar

    Almar Klein Guest

    IEP has support for integrating the event loops of both GTK and Qt:
    https://code.google.com/p/iep/ No version control support though.

    - Almar

    On 6 January 2013 19:06, Monte Milanuk <> wrote:

    > Lots of good options out there... currently I'm liking spyder or eclipse a
    > lot.

    Almar Klein, PhD
    Science Applied
    phone: +31 6 19268652
    e-mail:

    Almar Klein, Jan 6, 2013
  7. Sourabh Mhaisekar

    Tetsuya Guest

    On 01/06/2013 11:13 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
    > Now I use vim for all of my work. I pretty-much hand-rolled my own
    > IDE, which is typical of vimmers.

    I did like you, too.
    I use vim for everything: coding in python, django, js, html, C/C++,
    bash, even email (inside mutt, of course).
    Start with an empty ~/.vimrc, and then build up the configuration day by
    day, adding one single plugin at a time, driven by your daily needs,
    it's the better thing to do IMHO.
    Thus vim becomes a full fledged IDE for everything, and it does it
    *your* way, not *its* way.

    BTW, vim is available also under Windows.

    Tetsuya, Jan 6, 2013
  8. Sourabh Mhaisekar

    Tim Johnson Guest

    * Tetsuya <> [130106 14:43]:
    > On 01/06/2013 11:13 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
    > > Now I use vim for all of my work. I pretty-much hand-rolled my own
    > > IDE, which is typical of vimmers.

    > I did like you, too.
    > I use vim for everything: coding in python, django, js, html, C/C++,
    > bash, even email (inside mutt, of course).

    Yes, Yes...

    > Start with an empty ~/.vimrc, and then build up the configuration day by
    > day, adding one single plugin at a time, driven by your daily needs,
    > it's the better thing to do IMHO.
    > Thus vim becomes a full fledged IDE for everything, and it does it
    > *your* way, not *its* way.

    :) Great minds run in the same gutter ...

    > BTW, vim is available also under Windows.

    Where I started using it.

    --
    Tim
    http://www.akwebsoft.com