Good Python Tk overview

News User

I'm comming from the background of being primarily a data processing
programmer (Python) and I'd like to do some GUI stuff for a comercial
project but I have quite a bit of time, nothing too complex but it has
to work on Windows98+ OSX and Solaris so I was thinking Tkinter. I was
wondering if there were some sites with a good overview of the whole
Python +Tk shpeal, I've got some code examples and "Programming Python
2nd Edition" but that's more of a learn by example, rather than an
overview of concepts. Anyone have a good recommendation?

Lucas Raab

News User said:
I'm comming from the background of being primarily a data processing
programmer (Python) and I'd like to do some GUI stuff for a comercial
project but I have quite a bit of time, nothing too complex but it has
to work on Windows98+ OSX and Solaris so I was thinking Tkinter. I was
wondering if there were some sites with a good overview of the whole
Python +Tk shpeal, I've got some code examples and "Programming Python
2nd Edition" but that's more of a learn by example, rather than an
overview of concepts. Anyone have a good recommendation?

An Introduction to Tkinter by Fredrik Lundh is an excellent place to start.
You can find it at: http://www.pythonware.com.library/tkinter/introduction.
There's a link to download the file as a PDF for later viewing.

Fredrik Lundh

News User said:
I'm comming from the background of being primarily a data processing
programmer (Python) and I'd like to do some GUI stuff for a comercial
project but I have quite a bit of time, nothing too complex but it has
to work on Windows98+ OSX and Solaris so I was thinking Tkinter. I was
wondering if there were some sites with a good overview of the whole
Python +Tk shpeal, I've got some code examples and "Programming Python
2nd Edition" but that's more of a learn by example, rather than an
overview of concepts. Anyone have a good recommendation?

start here:

http://www.python.org/topics/tkinter/doc.html

</F>