    Python +Tk shpeal, I've got some code examples and "Programming Python
    2nd Edition" but that's more of a learn by example, rather than an
    overview of concepts. Anyone have a good recommendation?
    News User, Apr 20, 2004

  2. News User

    Lucas Raab Guest

    "News User" <> wrote in message
    news:J13hc.186320$oR5.5397@pd7tw3no...
    > I'm comming from the background of being primarily a data processing
    > programmer (Python) and I'd like to do some GUI stuff for a comercial
    > project but I have quite a bit of time, nothing too complex but it has
    > to work on Windows98+ OSX and Solaris so I was thinking Tkinter. I was
    > wondering if there were some sites with a good overview of the whole
    > Python +Tk shpeal, I've got some code examples and "Programming Python
    > 2nd Edition" but that's more of a learn by example, rather than an
    > overview of concepts. Anyone have a good recommendation?

    An Introduction to Tkinter by Fredrik Lundh is an excellent place to start.
    You can find it at: http://www.pythonware.com.library/tkinter/introduction.
    There's a link to download the file as a PDF for later viewing.
    Lucas Raab, Apr 20, 2004

  3. "News User" wrote:

    > I'm comming from the background of being primarily a data processing
    > programmer (Python) and I'd like to do some GUI stuff for a comercial
    > project but I have quite a bit of time, nothing too complex but it has
    > to work on Windows98+ OSX and Solaris so I was thinking Tkinter. I was
    > wondering if there were some sites with a good overview of the whole
    > Python +Tk shpeal, I've got some code examples and "Programming Python
    > 2nd Edition" but that's more of a learn by example, rather than an
    > overview of concepts. Anyone have a good recommendation?

    start here:

    http://www.python.org/topics/tkinter/doc.html

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Noah from IT Goes Click, Apr 20, 2004
  5. News User

    Lucas Raab Guest

    Lucas Raab, Apr 20, 2004