    efficiently.

    Thanks,
    Clifford Racz

    Clifford W. Racz, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Re: Good SGML DTD viewer *or* tool for translating SGML DTDs to XMLDTDs

    Clifford W. Racz wrote:
    > I am an XML author and I am needing to do some SGML work as well. I am
    > using James Clark's SP (SX) to transform my SGML source into an XML
    > source for use with XSLTs.
    >
    > I am needing to write XSLTs for these SGML documents and it would be
    > nice to have at tool that can do one of these things:
    > 1. graphically view an SGML DTD
    > 2. Transform an SGML DTD into an XML DTD (I would rather not implement
    > it myself) for viewing with an XML DTD viewer
    > 3. or something else that can help me to do the things I described more
    > efficiently.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Clifford Racz

    hi,

    did you try "near and far designer" ?
    http://www.xml.com/pub/p/61

    here is a list :
    http://www.xml.com/pub/pt/2
    --
    Cordialement,

    ///
    (. .)
    -----ooO--(_)--Ooo-----
    | Philippe Poulard |
    -----------------------

    Philippe Poulard, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Re: Good SGML DTD viewer *or* tool for translating SGML DTDs to XMLDTDs

    No, I didn't try it. It sounded great when I did a Google search, but
    if you go to http://www.microstar.com/ you see that the company is
    apparently not open for business to the general public any longer. I
    got the impression that Near and Far designer was no longer available.

    Clifford Racz

    Clifford W. Racz, Feb 12, 2004
  4. "Clifford W. Racz" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am an XML author and I am needing to do some SGML work as well. I am
    > using James Clark's SP (SX) to transform my SGML source into an XML
    > source for use with XSLTs.
    >
    > I am needing to write XSLTs for these SGML documents and it would be
    > nice to have at tool that can do one of these things:
    > 1. graphically view an SGML DTD
    > 2. Transform an SGML DTD into an XML DTD (I would rather not implement
    > it myself) for viewing with an XML DTD viewer
    > 3. or something else that can help me to do the things I described more
    > efficiently.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Clifford Racz

    To graphically view an SGML DTD you should try our tool DTD-Help. I
    generates an HTML-Help file based on a DTD. A trial version is
    available at http://www.ovidius.com/de/download/dtdhelp

    A tool to transform SGML to XML is available at
    http://www.ovidius.com/de/download/metamorphosis
    MetaMorphosis is a tree transformer that supports SGML and XML DTDs
    and XML Schemas.

    Regards,
    Torsten

    Torsten Machert, Feb 13, 2004
  5. Re: Good SGML DTD viewer *or* tool for translating SGML DTDs to XMLDTDs

    Torsten,

    I would like to try that out. However, when I try to access anything on
    your site, I get an auto-generated error page (I think it is anyway, it
    is in a Germanic language or something and I didn't bother to go to
    Babelfish). See the attached page for my error.

    Clifford Racz

    Clifford W. Racz, Feb 13, 2004