good style guides for python-style documentation ?

Fredrik Lundh

(reposted from doc-sig, which seems to be mostly dead
these days).

over at the pytut wiki, "carndt" asked:

Are there any guidelines about conventions concerning
punctuation, text styles and language style (e.g. how
to address the reader)?

any suggestions from this list ?

</F>

Ron Adam

(reposted from doc-sig, which seems to be mostly dead
these days).

over at the pytut wiki, "carndt" asked:

Are there any guidelines about conventions concerning
punctuation, text styles and language style (e.g. how
to address the reader)?

any suggestions from this list ?

</F>

Well there's:

PEP 8 -- Style Guide for Python Code
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

But I presume you already know that one. It covers doc strings some,
but not general documentation. A how-to on documenting would be nice.

Cheers,
Ron

John Salerno

Fredrik said:
(reposted from doc-sig, which seems to be mostly dead
these days).

over at the pytut wiki, "carndt" asked:

Are there any guidelines about conventions concerning
punctuation, text styles and language style (e.g. how
to address the reader)?

any suggestions from this list ?

Just for fun one day, I extracted what I thought were the main points
from the PEP and made a website for it:

http://www.johnjsal.devisland.net/styleguide.html

Ziga Seilnacht

Fredrik said:
(reposted from doc-sig, which seems to be mostly dead
these days).

over at the pytut wiki, "carndt" asked:

Are there any guidelines about conventions concerning
punctuation, text styles and language style (e.g. how
to address the reader)?

any suggestions from this list ?

</F>

Documenting Python http://docs.python.org/dev/doc/style-guide.html
recommends Apple Publications Style Guide:
http://developer.apple.com/referencelibrary/API_Fundamentals/UserExperience-fund-date.html

GNOME Documentation Style Guide is also quite useful:
http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/ .

Ziga

sushant.sirsikar

Fredrik said:
(reposted from doc-sig, which seems to be mostly dead
these days).

over at the pytut wiki, "carndt" asked:

Are there any guidelines about conventions concerning
punctuation, text styles and language style (e.g. how
to address the reader)?

any suggestions from this list ?

</F>
Hi
You can read the document given in link:
Documenting Python http://docs.python.org/dev/doc/style-guide.html
Bye