    to address the reader)?

    any suggestions from this list ?

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Apr 6, 2006

  2. Fredrik Lundh

    Ron Adam Guest

    > (reposted from doc-sig, which seems to be mostly dead
    > these days).
    >
    > over at the pytut wiki, "carndt" asked:
    >
    > Are there any guidelines about conventions concerning
    > punctuation, text styles and language style (e.g. how
    > to address the reader)?
    >
    > any suggestions from this list ?
    >
    > </F>

    Well there's:

    PEP 8 -- Style Guide for Python Code
    http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

    But I presume you already know that one. It covers doc strings some,
    but not general documentation. A how-to on documenting would be nice.

    Cheers,
    Ron

    Ron Adam, Apr 6, 2006

  3. Fredrik Lundh

    John Salerno Guest

    Fredrik Lundh wrote:
    > (reposted from doc-sig, which seems to be mostly dead
    > these days).
    >
    > over at the pytut wiki, "carndt" asked:
    >
    > Are there any guidelines about conventions concerning
    > punctuation, text styles and language style (e.g. how
    > to address the reader)?
    >
    > any suggestions from this list ?

    Just for fun one day, I extracted what I thought were the main points
    from the PEP and made a website for it:

    http://www.johnjsal.devisland.net/styleguide.html

    John Salerno, Apr 6, 2006
  4. Fredrik Lundh wrote:
    > (reposted from doc-sig, which seems to be mostly dead
    > these days).
    >
    > over at the pytut wiki, "carndt" asked:
    >
    > Are there any guidelines about conventions concerning
    > punctuation, text styles and language style (e.g. how
    > to address the reader)?
    >
    > any suggestions from this list ?
    >
    > </F>

    Documenting Python http://docs.python.org/dev/doc/style-guide.html
    recommends Apple Publications Style Guide:
    http://developer.apple.com/referencelibrary/API_Fundamentals/UserExperience-fund-date.html

    GNOME Documentation Style Guide is also quite useful:
    http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/ .

    Ziga

    Ziga Seilnacht, Apr 7, 2006
  5. Fredrik Lundh

    Guest

    Fredrik Lundh wrote:
    > (reposted from doc-sig, which seems to be mostly dead
    > these days).
    >
    > over at the pytut wiki, "carndt" asked:
    >
    > Are there any guidelines about conventions concerning
    > punctuation, text styles and language style (e.g. how
    > to address the reader)?
    >
    > any suggestions from this list ?
    >
    > </F>

    Hi
    You can read the document given in link:
    Documenting Python http://docs.python.org/dev/doc/style-guide.html
    Bye

    , Apr 7, 2006