    to say I need more of a 'tutorial' guide to learn the basics.

    Does anyone have good links or know of good introductory books
    to SystemC?

    sd, Aug 23, 2005

  2. sd

    Neo Guest

    I believe there is some stuff like that on the fraunhoffer site and
    doulos.

    Neo, Aug 23, 2005

  3. sd wrote:
    > I've gone to the www.systemc.org and downloaded the offical LRM
    > (language reference manual.) I tried to read it, but I'm sorry
    > to say I need more of a 'tutorial' guide to learn the basics.
    >
    > Does anyone have good links or know of good introductory books
    > to SystemC?

    Download the SystemC library from www.SystemC.org, unzip the package and
    check the "docs" directory. There is a user guide and a functional spec,
    these are easy to follow and include all the information you need.

    The LRM is basically the "SystemC standard" and it defines exactly all
    the SystemC features. That's why it is quite hard to digest. If you
    wanted to learn C programming, you wouldn't probably start by reading
    the ANSI-C standard. Same applies to SystemC modeling and the SystemC LRM...

    -JV-

    Jaakko Varteva, Aug 23, 2005
  4. sd

    Guest

    Assuming you already know some C++, "SystemC from the Ground Up" by
    Black and Donovan is pretty good. Others also show up when searching
    for "SystemC" at Amazon.com.

    , Aug 24, 2005
  5. sd

    pini

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2007
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    israel
    system C

    In order to study system C I did a few self learning little projects. I put them all on my site so you might be interested to take a look.
    For some of them I give a short description:

    # My first program is an APB slave. The logic is quite simple: not too much combinatorial logic and some registers.
    # The APB slave is build of a small memory with 256 cells. On reset all cells are cleared....
    ---p://bknpk.no-ip.biz/SystemC_MyFirst/P1.html

    Butterfly system C module for an FFT

    1. The following butterfly will be used for an FFT computation.
    2. The package also includes a small test-bench to check the butterfly module in a stand alone mode....
    ---p://bknpk.no-ip.biz/SCdpram/SCbutterfly.html

    # The purpose of this verification project is to verify an AIS detect DUT. The DUT detects AIS as explained below:
    # The DUT declares an AIS if there are less than two zero bits in last two sequences of 512 bits in an input stream.
    # The input stream is recieved via a simple interface: data byte and data byte valid.
    # Once getting into an AIS state, at least six zero bits out of the last 1024 input bits are required to exit a formerly declared AIS state.... !!!!
    ---p://bknpk.no-ip.biz/First_SCV/aisTB.html

    pini, Jun 8, 2009