    I looked around on Amazon, but didn't really find anything too
    promising. It was either very old or had no more than 3 stars in a
    rating. I'd appreciate your help on this.

    Yves S. Garret, Mar 23, 2012

  2. Yves S. Garret

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Yves S. Garret
    <> wrote:
    > Oooops!  Sent my previous e-mail too soon!  Didn't mean to.
    >
    > Another try.
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    >   I'm trying to brush up on my Python and would like to learn how to
    > make web-apps.  I was hoping to get a good book on learning how to
    > make web-applications using Python (as opposed to something like PHP)
    > without any framework at the moment.  Do you guys have any
    > suggestions?
    >
    >   I looked around on Amazon, but didn't really find anything too
    > promising.  It was either very old or had no more than 3 stars in a
    > rating.  I'd appreciate your help on this.

    The next edition of The Definitive Guide to Django, by the project's
    co-BDFLs, is available online (for now):
    http://www.djangobook.com/en/2.0/
    It's not completely finished, but between it and the previous edition
    (http://www.djangobook.com/en/1.0/ , also free), you should be fine.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    Chris Rebert, Mar 23, 2012

  3. On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:30:24 -0700, Chris Rebert <>

    > On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Yves S. Garret
    > <> wrote:

    <snip>
    > > make web-applications using Python (as opposed to something like PHP)
    > > without any framework at the moment.  Do you guys have any
    > > suggestions?
    > >

    > The next edition of The Definitive Guide to Django, by the project's

    Note: the OP stated "without a framework"... To me that implies raw
    Python from scratch...

    I don't have the newest edition, but I /think/ (mine is in storage
    along with a whole box of other O'Reilly books)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/05..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NJV55FBGF48TE1MXY5P
    included at least one chapter on web applications.

    One is not going to find a stand-alone Python book that is only web
    applications oriented that does not push some framework: CherryPy,
    Django, Zope/Plone...
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Mar 23, 2012
  4. Yves S. Garret

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber
    <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:30:24 -0700, Chris Rebert <>
    >
    >> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Yves S. Garret
    >> <> wrote:

    >        <snip>
    >> > make web-applications using Python (as opposed to something like PHP)
    >> > without any framework at the moment.  Do you guys have any
    >> > suggestions?
    >> >

    >> The next edition of The Definitive Guide to Django, by the project's

    >        Note: the OP stated "without a framework"... To me that implies raw
    > Python from scratch...

    My bad, I completely overlooked that part of the post in my
    earnestness to answer…

    - Chris

    Chris Rebert, Mar 23, 2012
  5. Yves S. Garret

    Ethan Furman Guest

    Chris Rebert wrote:
    > On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
    >> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:30:24 -0700, Chris Rebert
    >> declaimed the following in gmane.comp.python.general:
    >>> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Yves S. Garret
    >>> *<>* wrote:

    >> <snip>
    >>>>
    >>> The next edition of The Definitive Guide to Django, by the project's

    >> Note: the OP stated "without a framework"... To me that implies raw
    >> Python from scratch...

    > My bad, I completely overlooked that part of the post in my
    > earnestness to answer…

    Completely understandable -- after all, who would not be earnest (and
    quick!) when replying to your surrogate god?

    ;)

    ~Ethan~

    Ethan Furman, Mar 23, 2012