good XML parser for J2ME

hack_tick

hi there
i m looking for some free good XML parser which i can use in my J2ME
Commercial Application without Licencing problem I m not planning to make my
App opensource, the XML parser should be small and have very small memory
foot print

any suggestion ??

Andrew Thompson

i m looking for some free good XML parser which i can use in my J2ME
Commercial Application without Licencing problem I m not planning to make my
App opensource,

You want something for free, on which you
intend to charge money, but not make it
open-source or contribute anything back
in any way..
..any suggestion ??

Join us in the real world?

Nikita Tovstoles

Andrew said:
You want something for free, on which you
intend to charge money, but not make it
open-source or contribute anything back
in any way..
yeah, but aren't apache, bsd, mozilla, lgpl and, to an extent, gpl
licenses as written, actually anticipate scenarios such as above? after
all, IBM's is based on eclipse, red hat's "enterprise" linux isn't free
at all?

Would it not be allright, if a company were to offer solutions based on
freely available source code, but not provide their own? hopefully, if
money is made, the company will see it in its' interests to support free
software development by donating to open source projects and promoting
them. for example, if a company like eBay ran their service on Tomcat,
wouldn't that immediately make Tomcat and open source projects in
general, that much more viable for other corporations?

-nikita

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Andrew Thompson said:
You want something for free, on which you
intend to charge money, but not make it
open-source or contribute anything back
in any way..

Teh BSD license 4 U! :)

In general, many OSS licenses - apart from the GPL - does allow stuff
like that.

Nikita Tovstoles

Tor said:
Teh BSD license 4 U! :)

In general, many OSS licenses - apart from the GPL - does allow stuff
like that.

But even with GPL, i think (i may be wrong here / mixing peaches and
oranges) one can, for example, create a web service that operates on
GPL-based software (like an App server), charge money for access to it,
and not have to reveal own proprietary server-side code to anyone?

-nikita

Andrew Thompson

But even with GPL, i think (i may be wrong here / mixing peaches and
oranges) one can, for example, create a web service that operates on
GPL-based software (like an App server), charge money for access to it,
and not have to reveal own proprietary server-side code to anyone?

OK ...OoK! I was wrong on that one!

(shrugs) I've been wrong before,
I'll be wrong again.. ;-)

<EXCUSE CLASS='PATHETIC'>
I suppose it just strikes me as hypocritical..
</EXCUSE>

huy

hack_tick said:
hi there
i m looking for some free good XML parser which i can use in my J2ME
Commercial Application without Licencing problem I m not planning to make my
App opensource, the XML parser should be small and have very small memory
foot print

any suggestion ??

Just out of interest, what are you using xml in a J2ME app for ?

Configuration, Persistence, Communication, Other ?

Cheers,

Huy