    I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic. This
    amounts to spam.

    Bob Schaaf

    Robert Schaaf, Apr 18, 2009

  2. Robert Schaaf

    john maclean Guest

    2009/4/18 Robert Schaaf <>:
    > Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
    >
    > I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic. =A0This am=

    ounts
    > to spam.
    >
    > Bob Schaaf

    But about the flowers, dude?

    /* should've been muted a while ago */
    --=20
    John Maclean
    07739 171 531
    MSc (DIC)

    Timezone: GMT

    john maclean, Apr 18, 2009

  3. Robert Schaaf

    Robert Dober Guest

    On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Robert Schaaf <> wr=
    ote:
    > Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
    >
    > I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic. =A0This am=

    ounts
    > to spam.
    >
    > Bob Schaaf

    We are an open community...
    And BTW 90% of the threads here do not interest me, well now that you
    mention it, that is terrible, that is worse than spam, can someone
    please kill them!
    Thank you in advance
    Robert

    --=20
    Si tu veux construire un bateau ...
    Ne rassemble pas des hommes pour aller chercher du bois, pr=E9parer des
    outils, r=E9partir les t=E2ches, all=E9ger le travail=85 mais enseigne aux
    gens la nostalgie de l=92infini de la mer.

    If you want to build a ship, don=92t herd people together to collect
    wood and don=92t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to
    long for the endless immensity of the sea.

    --
    Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry

    Robert Dober, Apr 18, 2009
  4. Robert Schaaf

    Phlip Guest

    > I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic. This
    > amounts
    > to spam.

    Ruby's environmental footprint is off topic??

    You seal-clubber, you!!

    Phlip, Apr 18, 2009
  5. Robert Schaaf

    Todd Benson Guest

    On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Robert Schaaf <> wrote:
    > Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
    >
    > I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic. This amounts
    > to spam.

    A decent mail reader limits the spam interaction. (which is a polite
    way to say "fold it and get over it").

    I enjoy side-band conversations, but if a person doesn't, it doesn't
    take Samson to avoid the thread. Religious allegory, yep, one should
    ban this mail as well.

    Todd

    Todd Benson, Apr 18, 2009
  6. Robert Schaaf

    Phlip Guest

    Todd Benson wrote:

    > I enjoy side-band conversations, but if a person doesn't, it doesn't
    > take Samson to avoid the thread. Religious allegory, yep, one should
    > ban this mail as well.

    Topicality has a purpose - to cultivate a crew of regular responders who can
    provide and review the best answers.

    Topicality is /not/ about helping said regulars wake up in the morning with no
    feeling of dread that the forum will still be discussing some marginal topic.
    Deceased equine flagellation also helps cultivate a crew of regulars...

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Apr 18, 2009
  7. Robert Schaaf

    Roger Pack Guest

    Robert Schaaf wrote:
    > Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
    >
    > I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic. This
    > amounts to spam.

    Gmail has a 'mute' option, if that's any help :)
    -=r

    Roger Pack, Apr 18, 2009
  8. Robert Schaaf

    Tom Cloyd Guest

    Robert Schaaf wrote:
    > Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
    >
    > I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic. This
    > amounts to spam.
    >
    > Bob Schaaf

    Robert:

    1. Learn to operate your email client.
    2. Thread your emails.
    3. Ignore threads of no interest to you (which you're already doing, if
    you think about it a bit).
    4. Allow others to talk about what they wish. It's none of your concern.

    t.

    Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
    << >> (email)
    << TomCloyd.com >> (website)

    Tom Cloyd, Apr 18, 2009