Goodbye, Tad McClellan

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Randal L. Schwartz, May 3, 2012.

  1. Randal L. Schwartz, May 3, 2012

  2. (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
    > Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
    > lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

    There are too many dead people already :-(
    Rainer Weikusat, May 4, 2012

  3. Randal L. Schwartz

    hymie! Guest

    (Randal L. Schwartz), who said:
    >Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
    >lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

    :(

    --hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
    hymie!, May 4, 2012
  4. Randal L. Schwartz

    Justin C Guest

    On 2012-05-03, Randal L. Schwartz <> wrote:

    > Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
    > lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.
    >
    > http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=tad-jeffrey-mcclellan&pid=157408300

    I only ever knew him here on clpm. He has helped me many times,
    and I've learnt from his replies to the questions of others. I
    send my condolences to his family.

    Justin.

    --
    Justin C, by the sea.
    Justin C, May 4, 2012
  5. Randal L. Schwartz

    Ted Zlatanov Guest

    On Thu, 03 May 2012 09:16:22 -0700 (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:

    RLS> Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
    RLS> lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.

    We'll miss him.

    Ted
    Ted Zlatanov, May 6, 2012
  6. Randal L. Schwartz

    David Combs Guest

    In article <>,
    Randal L. Schwartz <> wrote:

    >Longtime friend and senior Stonehenge trainer and manager Tad McClellan
    >lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday. Rest in peace, my friend.
    >
    >http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=tad-jeffrey-mcclellan&pid=157408300
    >
    >--
    >Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
    ><> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
    >Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
    >See http://methodsandmessages.posterous.com/ for Smalltalk discussion

    Wow, what a loss!

    He's been here for so long -- what, was he one of the original founders
    of this group?

    David Combs
    David Combs, May 16, 2012
  7. >>>>> "David" == David Combs <> writes:

    David> He's been here for so long -- what, was he one of the original founders
    David> of this group?

    Hardly. I think he got into Perl around 1994 or so. This group
    was created around then, but was preceded by the classic
    "comp.lang.perl" for at least a few years before that.

    Randal L. Schwartz, May 16, 2012