    http://www.goodtraders.com/viewfeedback.php?nick=Borg
    DONATIONS TO
    Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

    BORG, Jul 4, 2003

  2. BORG

    PeterMcC Guest

    BORG wrote:
    > I have been asked to get a web site listed or showing on google, it is
    > a frame set page and I want to know how I would go about setting the
    > meta tags or anything else to get google to see the site.

    A link from a Googled site is sufficient to get Google to see the site but
    the meta tags are a waste of time and, as your question implies, the frames
    are a big disadvantage.

    Get your keywords in the title and put coherent text in the noframes
    section - don't just spam it with keywords. And very few people search for
    "This site uses frames but your browser doesn't support them," which is a
    shame because Google has a third of a million pages to show anyone who does.

    You'll need to consider the problem of having a single frame referenced by
    the SEs without the frameset - js solution for them as has js turned on.

    Useful article with links to other info at:
    http://www.searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/article.php/2167901

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,