    Following Amazon's led in affiliated sites, and the huge market
    interest in advertising, this is an interesting trend which google is
    starting.

    Trevor, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Trevor

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Google has announced that Adsense is now live:
    > https://www.google.com/adsense/
    > It allows websites to make money by placing google advertisements.
    > Following Amazon's led in affiliated sites, and the huge market
    > interest in advertising, this is an interesting trend which google is
    > starting.

    Hmmm..... Seems to me that the Internet bubble was created on a similar
    "pay-per-click" pyramid scheme that eventually collapsed.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Trevor

    Wipkip Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > in other words "trust us"
    >
    > if it had any other name but google it would be dismissed as a scam

    google or not, looks scamy to me.

    --
    Duende
    ------------

    Wipkip, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Trevor

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Trevor wrote:
    > Following Amazon's led in affiliated sites, and the huge market
    > interest in advertising, this is an interesting trend which google is
    > starting.

    Following Amazon's lead....trend Google is starting? How are they starting
    a trend by following someone else's lead? ;-)

    --

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jun 25, 2003
  5. Trevor

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 24 Jun 2003 12:49:32 -0700, (Trevor) wrote:

    >Google has announced that Adsense is now live:

    And Aaron has been busy:
    http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/000986

    See what sort of link Google would serve to your site.

    Andy Dingley, Jun 25, 2003
  6. Andy Dingley <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 24 Jun 2003 12:49:32 -0700, (Trevor) wrote:
    >
    > >Google has announced that Adsense is now live:

    > And Aaron has been busy:
    > http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/000986
    >
    > See what sort of link Google would serve to your site.

    Good on Aaron! His tool shows that my sales site would advertise my
    competitors, since their ad keywords cover what I'm selling, too. It
    might be a good deal for information sites, but awkward for sales
    sites.

    ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)

    Jerry Muelver, Jun 26, 2003