Google Dart Released Today

Karl Tikjøb Krukow

On 13/10/11 13.46, Scott Sauyet wrote: [...]

I think it is to early to evaluate the Dart-JavaScript
Why? It's officially released code; why can't we look at it?

E.g. "IE9 dom fixes: Add check for __proto__ before using it and add
some name workarounds. (issue 8277016) "
https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/group/reviews/browse_thread/thread/e2fc44af2bb35b25

Of course you can look at it, but I find it quite likely that the output
will change significantly before they expect anyone to use it. So for
instance criticizing size or performance is not to interesting to me -
obviously they'll have to fix that before releasing a production version
(the entire sentence was:

"I think it is to early to evaluate the Dart-JavaScript compiler by its
output (at least in terms of code size and performance).")

But I do think evaluating w.r.t. browser scripting, e.g., your example,
makes perfect sense (since that it not likely to change much unless
someone gives direct feedback to the project).

/Karl