Google Desktop redirect url ... with java??

Roger Simmons

In the Google Desktop (for Windows) when you click on one of the
search results, it uses a redirect url script to open your file with
the associated application from the browser.

I need to be able to do exactly that, I have been working on this
problem for many days now without success. If anyone has a solution I
would be most indebted. I would like a java solution (as a servlet)
but I am beginning to doubt if it is possible.

Roger

Stefan Schulz

On 19 Dec 2004 06:59:21 -0800
In the Google Desktop (for Windows) when you click on one of the
search results, it uses a redirect url script to open your file with
the associated application from the browser.

I need to be able to do exactly that, I have been working on this
problem for many days now without success. If anyone has a solution I
would be most indebted. I would like a java solution (as a servlet)
but I am beginning to doubt if it is possible.

Please do not multi-post. If you are not sure which newsgroup is
appropriate to your request, crosspost and set a followup to the one you
think most appropriate.