    worst I have seen on a major organization page. I also wonder why they
    use javascript. Is this one of those rare cases where server side
    script such as php will not work.

    cwdjrxyz, Jul 4, 2010

  2. cwdjrxyz

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Make that http://www.google.com :).

    cwdjrxyz, Jul 4, 2010

  3. cwdjrxyz wrote:

    > .. I also wonder why they use javascript. Is this one of those rare
    > cases where server side script such as php will not work.

    The JavaScript is what drives all those 'suggestions' in the dropdown as
    you type into the search text box. The results may/do change with every
    letter you type. It would be hard to do that server-side.

    You wouldn't see the suggestions if you have JavaScript disabled.

    Re 90s code: it's all compressed - and yes, that makes it extremely
    hard to follow.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 4, 2010