Google groups (Beta version) is slower / difficult to navigate.

usenet69

I cannot be the only one who noticed this? It loads slower ...And it
is harder to navigate. I wish they didn't change it.

It especially bugs me when I want to go from something like
alt.fan.nietzsche to another newsgroup.

Mike Z. Helm

On 8 Feb 2005 13:29:14 -0800, (e-mail address removed)
I cannot be the only one who noticed this? It loads slower ...And it
is harder to navigate. I wish they didn't change it.

It especially bugs me when I want to go from something like
alt.fan.nietzsche to another newsgroup.

It's not that difficult, but if you want, you can go to
http://groups.google.co.uk

HTH

Jan Faerber

Jan Faerber ... output:
(e-mail address removed) ... output:

The beta version is much better! I don't have any problems.

Now I found a thing to criticise: It is only displaying proper text in
english. German characters are not supported.

Throw

Jan said:
(e-mail address removed) ... output:
The beta version is much better! I don't have any problems.

The new Google Groups beta version:

1. You can't search only Usenet... you have to search all "groups"
which include a whole bunch of mailing lists. 2. When you reply,
headers are not left intact. 3. The reply box is tiny.
4. You can't log in using Opera 7.54. The way to log in using Opera
is to click on the e-mail activation link that was sent to you
initially. Then you're automatically logged in again. 5. No threading.

Leuce

Jan Faerber

Throw ... output:
The new Google Groups beta version:

1. You can't search only Usenet... you have to search all "groups"
which include a whole bunch of mailing lists. 2. When you reply,
headers are not left intact. 3. The reply box is tiny.
4. You can't log in using Opera 7.54. The way to log in using Opera
is to click on the e-mail activation link that was sent to you
initially. Then you're automatically logged in again. 5. No threading.

Leuce

???

ad 1.) You can specify which group(s) you want to search - it's still the
same.

ad 2.) You are right - if you want to get used to PHP aswell, any
information in any form can be useful.

ad 3.) It's ok.

ad 4.) I have the same problem on www.linux-club.de - I don't know what is
wrong with Opera.

ad 5.) I made the experience that you can find more articles of a thread
using the beta than with groups.google.com!!!

Jan Faerber

Throw said:
The new Google Groups beta version:

1. You can't search only Usenet... you have to search all "groups"
which include a whole bunch of mailing lists. 2. When you reply,
headers are not left intact. 3. The reply box is tiny.
4. You can't log in using Opera 7.54. The way to log in using Opera
is to click on the e-mail activation link that was sent to you
initially. Then you're automatically logged in again. 5. No threading.

Leuce

Again to point 2.) and 3.):
http://www.h-tut.at/alt_html/bb.lsd

=> Click on "Options" and then on "reply" but you have to select the
radio button option "To..." - e.g. "alt.html"