    --
    Free games and programming goodies.
    http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm
    Malcolm McLean, May 25, 2007

  2. Malcolm McLean

    Joe Estock Guest

    Malcolm McLean wrote:
    > Must have high standards of professional integrity and understanding of
    > Internet culture.

    As in not spamming newsgroups with advertisements?

    > You will be a dynamic and pro-active individual with a
    > passion for total quality customer service, a self-starter but able to
    > work in the fast-moving and polyvalent team environment that is Google
    > groups.

    Ah, that explains it. Google groups. Welcome to the (void).

    *plonk*
    Joe Estock, May 26, 2007

  3. On Fri, 25 May 2007 18:12:01 -0500, in comp.lang.c , Joe Estock
    <> wrote:

    >Malcolm McLean wrote:
    >> Must have high standards of professional integrity and understanding of
    >> Internet culture.

    >As in not spamming newsgroups with advertisements?
    >
    >> You will be a dynamic and pro-active individual with a
    >> passion for total quality customer service, a self-starter but able to
    >> work in the fast-moving and polyvalent team environment that is Google
    >> groups.
    >>

    >Ah, that explains it. Google groups. Welcome to the (void).

    >*plonk*

    Apparently you missed the joke.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan
    Mark McIntyre, May 26, 2007
  4. Malcolm McLean

    Ian Collins Guest

    Joe Estock wrote:
    > Malcolm McLean wrote:
    >> Must have high standards of professional integrity and understanding
    >> of Internet culture.

    > As in not spamming newsgroups with advertisements?
    >
    >> You will be a dynamic and pro-active individual with a passion for
    >> total quality customer service, a self-starter but able to work in the
    >> fast-moving and polyvalent team environment that is Google groups.
    >>

    > Ah, that explains it. Google groups. Welcome to the (void).
    >

    > *plonk*

    Ever heard of a piss take?

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, May 26, 2007
  5. Malcolm McLean

    Default User Guest

    Joe Estock wrote:

    > Malcolm McLean wrote:
    > > Must have high standards of professional integrity and
    > > understanding of Internet culture.

    > As in not spamming newsgroups with advertisements?
    >
    > > You will be a dynamic and pro-active individual with a passion for
    > > total quality customer service, a self-starter but able to work in
    > > the fast-moving and polyvalent team environment that is Google
    > > groups.
    > >

    > Ah, that explains it. Google groups. Welcome to the (void).
    >

    > *plonk*

    Wow. Wooooosh!

    Brian
    Default User, May 26, 2007
  6. Malcolm McLean

    Joe Estock Guest

    Mark McIntyre wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 May 2007 18:12:01 -0500, in comp.lang.c , Joe Estock
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Malcolm McLean wrote:
    >>> Must have high standards of professional integrity and understanding of
    >>> Internet culture.

    >> As in not spamming newsgroups with advertisements?
    >>
    >>> You will be a dynamic and pro-active individual with a
    >>> passion for total quality customer service, a self-starter but able to
    >>> work in the fast-moving and polyvalent team environment that is Google
    >>> groups.
    >>>

    >> Ah, that explains it. Google groups. Welcome to the (void).

    >> *plonk*

    > Apparently you missed the joke.

    It would appear so and after a quick scrub of the group I noticed
    Malcolm is a frequent poster. It's been a long day and I just read the
    "Google looking for Great Engineers" thread before this one, hence the
    "hair trigger".

    I suppose an *unplonk* is in order?
    Joe Estock, May 26, 2007
  7. Malcolm McLean

    Joe Estock Guest

    Ian Collins wrote:

    [snip]

    >> *plonk*

    > Ever heard of a piss take?

    Apparently not, but I have now.
    Joe Estock, May 26, 2007
  8. Joe Estock said:

    > It would appear [that Joe missed the fact that Malcolm's article was
    > parody] and after a quick scrub of the group I noticed
    > Malcolm is a frequent poster. It's been a long day and I just read the
    > "Google looking for Great Engineers" thread before this one, hence the
    > "hair trigger".
    >
    > I suppose an *unplonk* is in order?

    That depends on whether you want to read his articles in the future (if
    you did indeed plonk the guy - so many plonkmsgs nowadays seem to mean
    something quite different, i.e. "I think you're a plonker" rather than
    "so long, sucker, my killfile just burped").

    What you do owe him, however, is an apology.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    Richard Heathfield, May 26, 2007
  9. Malcolm McLean

    Joe Estock Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > Joe Estock said:
    >
    >> It would appear [that Joe missed the fact that Malcolm's article was
    >> parody] and after a quick scrub of the group I noticed
    >> Malcolm is a frequent poster. It's been a long day and I just read the
    >> "Google looking for Great Engineers" thread before this one, hence the
    >> "hair trigger".
    >>
    >> I suppose an *unplonk* is in order?

    > That depends on whether you want to read his articles in the future

    Of course I do. After scrubbing the previous articles I see that he is
    not only a frequent poster but also a quality poster.

    > (if you did indeed plonk the guy - so many plonkmsgs nowadays seem to mean
    > something quite different, i.e. "I think you're a plonker" rather than
    > "so long, sucker, my killfile just burped").
    >
    > What you do owe him, however, is an apology.

    That, indeed, was the intent of my reply although at first glance it
    does not appear obvious. I had placed him in my killfile (or
    thunderbird's equivalent of it) however after another glance at the
    original article decided against it. My "I suppose an *unplonk* is in
    order?" was meant as a rhetorical question to convey an indirect
    apology. That being said, Malcolm, I apologize for erroneously judging
    your post.
    Joe Estock, May 27, 2007
  10. "Joe Estock" <> wrote in message
    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    >> Joe Estock said:
    >>
    >>> It would appear [that Joe missed the fact that Malcolm's article was
    >>> parody] and after a quick scrub of the group I noticed
    >>> Malcolm is a frequent poster. It's been a long day and I just read the
    >>> "Google looking for Great Engineers" thread before this one, hence the
    >>> "hair trigger".
    >>>
    >>> I suppose an *unplonk* is in order?

    >> That depends on whether you want to read his articles in the future

    > Of course I do. After scrubbing the previous articles I see that he is not
    > only a frequent poster but also a quality poster.
    >
    >> (if you did indeed plonk the guy - so many plonkmsgs nowadays seem to
    >> mean something quite different, i.e. "I think you're a plonker" rather
    >> than "so long, sucker, my killfile just burped").
    >>
    >> What you do owe him, however, is an apology.
    >>

    > That, indeed, was the intent of my reply although at first glance it does
    > not appear obvious. I had placed him in my killfile (or thunderbird's
    > equivalent of it) however after another glance at the original article
    > decided against it. My "I suppose an *unplonk* is in order?" was meant as
    > a rhetorical question to convey an indirect apology. That being said,
    > Malcolm, I apologize for erroneously judging your post.

    I was happy.
    If it really fooled one or two people then that shows it was pitched about
    right. Fool no-one and it's too crude, fool everyone and you might as well
    place a real spam, fool one or two and you've got it.
    Anyway, welcome to clc.

    Malcolm McLean, May 27, 2007
  11. Malcolm McLean wrote:

    > [snip...] [snip...] [snip...]
    >
    > I was happy.
    > If it really fooled one or two people then that shows it was pitched
    > about right. Fool no-one and it's too crude, fool everyone and you might
    > as well place a real spam, fool one or two and you've got it.
    > Anyway, welcome to clc.

    One could include a "smiley" at the end for the benefit
    of the humor impaired. After all, there are professions
    where the humor impaired do quite well, like undertaker
    or government tax agent--so these folks are necessary. ;-)

    Charles Richmond, May 27, 2007
  12. Malcolm McLean

    Guest

    Hi, Joe

    I am dealing into IT Recruitment by last 7 months & want to join your
    group. Kindly reply me back

    Regards-
    Madhulika
    Binary Semantics