Google Map API + MasterPage + Menu :-(

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by nrietsch, Apr 5, 2008.

  1. nrietsch

    nrietsch Guest

    Hi,

    I have a masterpage with a menu on the left (ASP.NET 2.0 menu
    control).

    I then have my content pages and my homepage does host a Google map.

    EVERYTHING works just fine (after some extensive research) however:
    - the masterpage loads first
    - therefore, the menu loads
    - the content page is loaded
    - the Google Map DIV loads AFTER the menu

    Result: When I expand the Menu (MenuItem1->MenuItem1.1), MenuItem1.1
    goes UNDER the map DIV :-(

    I did try all possible Javascript focus() fonctions and combinations
    but no luck.
    I did try the ajaxToolkit:AlwaysVisibleControlExtender control as well
    but it also goes below the Map.

    I'm lost!

    I suppose that the solution is to set the focus to the menu itself
    (Menu1) or the div tag (sidebar).
    I just don't see how to do it.

    I can provide the code if you want but it should not be usefull.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Regards,

    nrietsch, Apr 5, 2008

  2. nrietsch

    Stan Guest

    On 5 Apr, 22:41, nrietsch <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a masterpage with a menu on the left (ASP.NET 2.0 menu
    > control).
    >
    > I then have my content pages and my homepage does host a Google map.
    >
    > EVERYTHING works just fine (after some extensive research) however:
    > - the masterpage loads first
    > - therefore, the menu loads
    > - the content page is loaded
    > - the Google Map DIV loads AFTER the menu
    >
    > Result: When I expand the Menu (MenuItem1->MenuItem1.1), MenuItem1.1
    > goes UNDER the map DIV :-(
    >
    > I did try all possible Javascript focus() fonctions and combinations
    > but no luck.
    > I did try the ajaxToolkit:AlwaysVisibleControlExtender control as well
    > but it also goes below the Map.
    >
    > I'm lost!
    >
    > I suppose that the solution is to set the focus to the menu itself
    > (Menu1) or the div tag (sidebar).
    > I just don't see how to do it.
    >
    > I can provide the code if you want but it should not be usefull.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Regards,

    There is a Style attribute named z-index which refers to a third
    (imaginary) dimension perpendicular to the plane of the screen. This
    enables different objects (such as DIV tags) to be placed above or
    below one-another.

    HTH

    Stan, Apr 5, 2008

  3. nrietsch

    nrietsch Guest

    On Apr 5, 11:36 pm, Stan <> wrote:
    > On 5 Apr, 22:41, nrietsch <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I have a masterpage with a menu on the left (ASP.NET 2.0 menu
    > > control).

    > > I then have my content pages and my homepage does host a Google map.

    > > EVERYTHING works just fine (after some extensive research) however:
    > > - the masterpage loads first
    > > - therefore, the menu loads
    > > - the content page is loaded
    > > - the Google Map DIV loads AFTER the menu

    > > Result: When I expand the Menu (MenuItem1->MenuItem1.1), MenuItem1.1
    > > goes UNDER the map DIV :-(

    > > I did try all possible Javascript focus() fonctions and combinations
    > > but no luck.
    > > I did try the ajaxToolkit:AlwaysVisibleControlExtender control as well
    > > but it also goes below the Map.

    > > I'm lost!

    > > I suppose that the solution is to set the focus to the menu itself
    > > (Menu1) or the div tag (sidebar).
    > > I just don't see how to do it.

    > > I can provide the code if you want but it should not be usefull.

    > > Thanks in advance for your help.

    > > Regards,

    > There is a Style attribute named z-index which refers to a third
    > (imaginary) dimension perpendicular to the plane of the screen. This
    > enables different objects (such as DIV tags) to be placed above or
    > below one-another.
    >
    > HTH- Hide quoted text -

    Well done! Thanks a lot.

    That worked just fine.

    Low z-index on the map div and hight one on the menu control....

    ISSUE SOLVED.

    nrietsch, Apr 6, 2008