Google Maps and Java

SL

I am trying to write a java programs on windows xp which will show google
maps. I suppose it will have to do with web services as done by a browser.

Being pretty new with java, can anybody offer some tips ?

Thanks.

Roedy Green

Being pretty new with java, can anybody offer some tips ?

It is best to start with the simplest imaginable program and get that
working, then gradually add features.

That way you are always building on a correct understanding of the
API.

It is so easy to misinterpret documentation and create a giant mess
you cannot begin to debug.

Try using Google to find sample code snippets.

Lew

Roedy said:
, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :

It is best to start with the simplest imaginable program and get that
working, then gradually add features.

That way you are always building on a correct understanding of the
API.

It is so easy to misinterpret documentation and create a giant mess
you cannot begin to debug.

Try using Google to find sample code snippets.

That is excellent advice, and a more detailed beginner's approach along those
lines is available on Dr.) Patricia Shanahan's site, the "Beginner" page. (Dr.
Shanahan is a valued contributor to this newsgroup.)
http://www.patriciashanahan.com/beginner.html