    maps. I suppose it will have to do with web services as done by a browser.

    Being pretty new with java, can anybody offer some tips ?

    Thanks.
    SL, Feb 15, 2012

  2. SL

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    On 02/15/2012 01:34 AM, SL wrote:
    > I am trying to write a java programs on windows xp which will show google
    > maps. I suppose it will have to do with web services as done by a browser.
    >
    > Being pretty new with java, can anybody offer some tips ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Documentation begins here.
    <http://code.google.com/apis/maps/index.html>
    Jeff Higgins, Feb 15, 2012

  3. SL

    Lew Guest

    Jeff Higgins wrote:
    > SL wrote:
    > > I am trying to write a java [sic] programs on windows [sic] xp [sic] which will show google [sic]
    > > maps. I suppose it will have to do with web services as done by a browser.
    > >
    > > Being pretty new with java [sic], can anybody offer some tips ?
    > >

    > Documentation begins here.
    > <http://code.google.com/apis/maps/index.html>

    and here:
    <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/index.html>

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Feb 15, 2012
  4. SL

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:34:03 +0800, "SL" <> wrote,

    >Being pretty new with java, can anybody offer some tips ?

    It is best to start with the simplest imaginable program and get that
    working, then gradually add features.

    That way you are always building on a correct understanding of the
    API.

    It is so easy to misinterpret documentation and create a giant mess
    you cannot begin to debug.

    Try using Google to find sample code snippets.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Feb 16, 2012
  5. SL

    Lew Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > "SL" wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >> Being pretty new with java, can anybody offer some tips ?

    > It is best to start with the simplest imaginable program and get that
    > working, then gradually add features.
    >
    > That way you are always building on a correct understanding of the
    > API.
    >
    > It is so easy to misinterpret documentation and create a giant mess
    > you cannot begin to debug.
    >
    > Try using Google to find sample code snippets.

    That is excellent advice, and a more detailed beginner's approach along those
    lines is available on Dr.) Patricia Shanahan's site, the "Beginner" page. (Dr.
    Shanahan is a valued contributor to this newsgroup.)
    http://www.patriciashanahan.com/beginner.html

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Feb 16, 2012