Google pays students to develop open source

Bill Katz

Hadn't seen this mentioned here... Google is providing $4500 for each
top student to develop open source software. Current "Mentoring
Organizations" include python and perl software foundations, and I was
wondering if any leading Rubyists had talked to Google.

http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html

Unfortunately the deadline may be today (or pretty soon), but it still
says it's not too late for new mentoring organizations. Given the
recent Ruby Central grants...

Bill Guindon

Hadn't seen this mentioned here... Google is providing $4500 for each
top student to develop open source software. Current "Mentoring
Organizations" include python and perl software foundations, and I was
wondering if any leading Rubyists had talked to Google.
=20
http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html
=20
Unfortunately the deadline may be today (or pretty soon), but it still
says it's not too late for new mentoring organizations. Given the
recent Ruby Central grants...
=20

Good stuff, and it's just starting:

"May 31st: Announce on code.google.com and open application process"
"June 24th: Final applications approved. Cut $500 checks for initial fundin=
g."

--=20
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

Jeff Singer

Ruby would get $500 per applicant too. I don't see any reason why ruby
shouldn't take part in this, it could be a good boost to the community.

Pedro Suarez

Bill Katz escribió:
Hadn't seen this mentioned here... Google is providing $4500 for each
top student to develop open source software. Current "Mentoring
Organizations" include python and perl software foundations, and I was
wondering if any leading Rubyists had talked to Google.

http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html

Unfortunately the deadline may be today (or pretty soon), but it still
says it's not too late for new mentoring organizations. Given the
recent Ruby Central grants...
It's interesant this project proposal from Mono:
http://www.mono-project.com/StudentProjects#Ruby.NET

gabriele renzi

Bill Katz ha scritto:
Hadn't seen this mentioned here... Google is providing $4500 for each
top student to develop open source software. Current "Mentoring
Organizations" include python and perl software foundations, and I was
wondering if any leading Rubyists had talked to Google.

http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html

Unfortunately the deadline may be today (or pretty soon), but it still
says it's not too late for new mentoring organizations. Given the
recent Ruby Central grants...

mh.. it seem that now there are *much more* organizations on the list,
at least quadrupled since yesterday.. come on rubycentral guys ;)