google search in multiple sites

mahurshi

here's something that will do a part of what you want to do.

#!usr/local/bin/perl -w

# change the code below to loop through different files

$filename = "placeyourinputfilenamehere.ext";

open (INFILE, $filename);

@array = <INFILE>;

foreach $line (@array) {
if ($line =~ /slide show/) {
print "Found in file $filename\n";

J. Gleixner

here's something that will do a part of what you want to do.

#!usr/local/bin/perl -w

# change the code below to loop through different files

$filename = "placeyourinputfilenamehere.ext";

open (INFILE, $filename);

@array = <INFILE>;

foreach $line (@array) {
if ($line =~ /slide show/) {
print "Found in file $filename\n";

What does looking for 'slide show' in a local file have to do with the
subject of "google search in multiple sites"?

J. Gleixner

kans said:
Hi,

I would like to search for a particular key word in multiple sites
frequently. For example, if I want to search for "slide show" in the
following sites, how do I do that? Is there some script I can use?

www.nytimes.com
www.cnn.com
news.bbc.co.uk
www.washingtonpost.com
www.latimes.com
www.boston.com/news/globe/
www.sfgate.com

What have you tried?

There are quite a few Google related modules on CPAN that will help you
use Google's results without having to do any page scraping.

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=google&mode=all