    regards,

    Guoqi Zheng
    http://www.ureader.com

    guoqi zheng, Apr 12, 2005

  2. guoqi zheng

    Riki Guest

    guoqi zheng wrote:
    > On this link
    > http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1
    >
    > when you are typing a word, google will get the suggest outcome
    > immediately, any idea how can they do this?
    >
    > There is a onchange event on textbox, but that is only when you move
    > your mouse out of the textbox, on idea how can I do this? ontyping
    > event???

    OnKeyPress

    --

    Riki

    Riki, Apr 12, 2005

  3. guoqi zheng

    Lee Jackson Guest

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:19:25 +0200, "Riki" <> wrote:

    >guoqi zheng wrote:
    >> On this link
    >> http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1
    >>
    >> when you are typing a word, google will get the suggest outcome
    >> immediately, any idea how can they do this?
    >>
    >> There is a onchange event on textbox, but that is only when you move
    >> your mouse out of the textbox, on idea how can I do this? ontyping
    >> event???

    >OnKeyPress

    A little more complex than that Riki :)

    Have a look at
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=google suggest slashdot&btnG=Google Search&meta=

    which will give you some links to some of the work done on dissecting
    how it works.

    Lee Jackson, Apr 12, 2005
  4. The explanation, by the guy who dissected it, Chris Justus, is at:
    http://serversideguy.blogspot.com/2004/12/google-suggest-dissected.html

    It's quite a bit more complex than just OnKeyPress... ;-)

    On the chipper side of things, Chris provides everything
    you need to implement the same type of functionality in
    your applications.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 12, 2005
  5. guoqi zheng

    Karl Seguin Guest

    http://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz/archive/2005/04/07/397504.aspx

    It's an AJAX .Net wrapper that's still in early development but works very
    well. I've started to put together some formal documentation for Michael
    and will hopefully expand that...keep an eye out...it'll change how people
    do ASP.Net development :)

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials