    opennebula
    Codehaus

    What happened to rails and rubycentral participation?

    Dominic Sisneros, Mar 22, 2010

  2. Hi --

    On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, Dominic Sisneros wrote:

    > I didn't see very many ruby * mentor organizations *for the Google Summer of
    > Code Project. Are the following the only organizations with links to ruby
    > or are there others.
    >
    > puppet
    > opennebula
    > Codehaus
    >

    > What happened to rails and rubycentral participation?

    Ruby Central was not selected for 2009. We didn't apply this year. Our
    impression overall has been that the SoC administrators see little or
    no value in having a general Ruby project mentor (analogous to the
    Perl Foundation, for example). They've never said this in so many
    words but it's hard to draw any other conclusion.

    So -- ever onward. We're definitely interested in the general idea of
    supporting summer student projects, and are looking into some
    non-Google possibilities. Stay tuned!

    David

    --
    David A. Black