    a timer but that just smells wrong to me.

    Any other way to reliably tell if a form has changed or even if I could
    detect that autofill has been used somehow

    Nik Coughlin, Nov 12, 2008

  2. Nik Coughlin

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote in message
    news:gfdlh8$me5$...
    > I'm doing some ajax validation on form fields, using the form change
    > event. If I click Autofill in the Google Toolbar, fields are filled out
    > but the change event is never fired, so the validation doesn't update. I
    > could user a timer but that just smells wrong to me.
    >
    > Any other way to reliably tell if a form has changed or even if I could
    > detect that autofill has been used somehow

    Did a lot of searching and couldn't find an answer. So for now I'm going
    with the nasty timer method, store all the form values that I'm interested
    in, and every couple of seconds check if they've changed, if so call the
    validation and updated the stored values. Works well but still feels a bit
    yucky...

    Nik Coughlin, Nov 12, 2008