  1. Guest

    gmail hesabý açýn benimki
    , Sep 30, 2007

  2. wrote:
    >gmail hesabı açın benimki

    <to the OP, or whoever might understand that language>
    What does that mean? What language is it?

    It looks vaguely Polish or Checkoslovakian to my eye,
    but I am no linguist, and neither of those languages is
    offered by 'Google translate' to test the theory.
    </to the OP, or whoever might understand that language>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Sep 30, 2007

  3. On Sep 30, 3:03 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >gmail hesabý açýn benimki

    > <to the OP, or whoever might understand that language>
    > What does that mean? What language is it?
    >
    > It looks vaguely Polish or Checkoslovakian to my eye,
    > but I am no linguist, and neither of those languages is
    > offered by 'Google translate' to test the theory.

    It is Turkish. My Turkish isn't good enough to figure this out. It is
    something like advertising development services or looking for
    developers.
    Hunter Gratzner, Sep 30, 2007
  4. Hunter Gratzner wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> >gmail hesabı açın benimki

    ..
    (Andrew T.)
    >> (not)..
    >> offered by 'Google translate' ...

    >It is Turkish. My Turkish isn't good enough to figure this out. It is
    >something like advertising development services or looking for
    >developers.

    Thanks for the info. on the language. Anybody fluent
    in Turkish (also with basic English)?

    Andrew Thompson, Sep 30, 2007
  5. Lew Guest

    Hunter Gratzner wrote:
    >> It is Turkish. My Turkish isn't good enough to figure this out. It is
    >> something like advertising development services or looking for
    >> developers.

    Andrew Thompson:
    > Thanks for the info. on the language. Anybody fluent
    > in Turkish (also with basic English)?

    Be careful, it's against Turkish law to insult the Turkish nation, its
    founder, its President and certain other parties.

    I think it's still permissible to insult other individual Turks, though. So
    feel free to call the OP
    "Eshek oglu eshek!"
    or tell him
    "Amcik agizli, mall pitch!"
    and further,
    "Dilini esek arisi soksun, tashack oglani!"

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Sep 30, 2007
  6. Lew wrote:

    >Hunter Gratzner wrote:
    >>> ...It is
    >>> something like advertising development services or looking for
    >>> developers.

    >Be careful, it's against Turkish law to insult the Turkish nation, its
    >founder, its President and certain other parties.

    I am guessing from your reply, that it is the first.

    >I think it's still permissible to insult other individual Turks, though. So
    >feel free to call the OP
    >"Eshek oglu eshek!"
    >or tell him
    >"Amcik agizli, mall pitch!"
    >and further,
    >"Dilini esek arisi soksun, tashack oglani!"

    I choose 'number 2'. Not that I understand a word
    of them, but I like the allusion to 'potty training'.

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 1, 2007
  7. Lew Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > I choose 'number 2'. Not that I understand a word
    > of them, but I like the allusion to 'potty training'.

    I don't understand them, either. It was an evil use of web searching.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Oct 1, 2007
  8. Y2A Guest

    On Oct 1, 8:58 am, Lew <> wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > > I choose 'number 2'. Not that I understand a word
    > > of them, but I like the allusion to 'potty training'.

    > I don't understand them, either. It was an evil use of web searching.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Can I ask.. Yes I can ;) and I will..
    Why is Mr. Lew and Mr. Andrew Thompson are always into this language
    and nationality battle?
    Y2A, Oct 1, 2007
  9. Lew Guest

    Y2A wrote:
    > On Oct 1, 8:58 am, Lew <> wrote:
    >> Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >>> I choose 'number 2'. Not that I understand a word
    >>> of them, but I like the allusion to 'potty training'.

    >> I don't understand them, either. It was an evil use of web searching.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Lew

    > Can I ask.. Yes I can ;) and I will..
    > Why is Mr. Lew and Mr. Andrew Thompson are always into this language
    > and nationality battle?

    What battle? What are you talking about?

    Are you referring to the merciless teasing of multi-posting spammers? That's
    just entertainment. It's got absolutely nothing to do with language, but the
    spoofing of spammers.

    It's called "humor".
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humor>

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Oct 1, 2007
  10. Tomas Mikula Guest

    On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:03:01 +0000, Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > It looks vaguely Polish or Checkoslovakian to my eye, ...

    There is no Czechoslovakian language (and never was). They were always
    Czech language and Slovak language.
    And it's been almost 15 years now since there is no Czechoslovakia, but
    Czech republic and Slovakia.
    Tomas Mikula, Oct 1, 2007
  11. Piotr Kobzda Guest

    Hunter Gratzner wrote:
    > On Sep 30, 3:03 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> gmail hesabý açýn benimki

    >> <to the OP, or whoever might understand that language>
    >> What does that mean? What language is it?
    >>
    >> It looks vaguely Polish or Checkoslovakian to my eye,

    Certainly not Polish (I'm from Poland).

    >> but I am no linguist, and neither of those languages is
    >> offered by 'Google translate' to test the theory.

    I really don't know why they aren't supported... ;)

    > It is Turkish. My Turkish isn't good enough to figure this out. It is
    > something like advertising development services or looking for
    > developers.

    I don't know Turkish at all. But let's see what
    <http://www.turkishdictionary.net/> knows about it:

    'gmail'
    Without asking a dict. seams to mean "Google e-main"

    'hesabý'
    The meaning of hesabý was not found in our dictionary.

    'açýn'
    The meaning of açýn was not found in our dictionary.

    'benimki'
    ,-ni mine, that which belongs to me.

    Maybe another dictionaty?... say
    <http://www.kadifeli.com/cgi-bin/compdict.pl>:

    'hesabý'
    English Turkish
    Access Account Eriþim Hesabý
    calculus of variations deðiþimler hesabý
    Disable Account Hesabý Devre Dýþý Býrak
    Disable Disable Account Hesabý Devre Dýþý Býrak
    more there:
    http://www.kadifeli.com/cgi-bin/compdict.pl?HDDN=x&SS=hesab%FD&SD=T&SEND=+Search+Term+

    so, it likely translates to "account".

    'açýn'
    English Turkish
    expand açýndýrmak
    exploration açýnsama
    exploratory data analysis açýnsayýcý veri çözümlemesi
    explore açýnsamak
    Open 1x Object 1x Nesnesini Açýn

    hard to guess... maybe: "open", "opened"?...

    Well, let's try to combine it all together...

    What about the following translation:

    "My new Google e-main account is: "

    ?

    piotr