Got error CS0433 for Crystal Report on Windows 2000 Server

Guest

I'm have problem to run crystal report (VS 2005) on my computer with Windows
2000 Server.
I run the solution in my dev envroiment (Windows XP) and no problems. When I
try to run in on IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 Server I got the following error:

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type
'CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions' exists in both

'c:\WINNT\assembly\GAC\CrystalDecisions.Shared\9.1.3300.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll' and

'c:\WINNT\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.Shared\10.2.3600.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll'

I run a ASP.NET 1.0 applicaton on this server and my new application is
ASP.NET 2.0 and it is in my new application I got the error.

/Leif

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Leif,

From your description, your ASP.NET application is using some crystal
report components, it works well on a XP development box but failed with
some compilation error after moved to a widows 2000 server, correct?

Based on my experience, it is likely a environment specific issue. Also,
the error message below indicate that the ASP.NET appliation runtime try
locating the Crystal report component from GAC but found two assemblies in
the GAC both contains the expected type, then it fails to determine which
one to load.

==============
Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type
'CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions' exists in both

'c:\WINNT\assembly\GAC\CrystalDecisions.Shared\9.1.3300.0__692fbea5521e1304\
CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll' and

'c:\WINNT\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.Shared\10.2.3600.0__692fbea5521
e1304\CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll'
==============

Would you verify this on the windows 2000 server machine to see whether
there does exists two different version of the
"CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll" assembly in GAC? If this is the case, I
would suggest you explicitly configure your ASP.NET application to load a
fixed version of the component, here is a web thread mentioned the similar
problem and how to resolve it:

http://blogs.gotdotnet.com/richarde/archive/2005/09/02/468187.aspx

In addition, since this is a crystal report specific issue, I would suggest
you consider contacting the crystal report support service if you meet any
further specific problems.

#How to get help with Crystal Reports - International and U.S.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/100368/en-us

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

where an initial

response from the community or a Microsoft Support Engineer within 1
business day is

acceptable. Please note that each follow up response may take approximately
2 business days

as the support professional working with you may need further investigation
to reach the

that require

urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions or complex project analysis
and dump analysis

issues. Issues of this nature are best handled working with a dedicated
Microsoft Support

Engineer by contacting Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at

Guest

Hi Steve,

I try to do like the link you refer to
http://blogs.gotdotnet.com/richarde/archive/2005/09/02/468187.aspx

But when I write like this in aspx page I got a build error in VS2005,
Error 62 The 'inherits' attribute cannot contain spaces:

And in my asp page i write:
CodeFile="GetPalletFromOrder.aspx.cs" Inherits="GetPalletFromOrder,
CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" %>

Yours sincerely Leif

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Leif,

I suggest you consider using the assembly binding redirection setting in
your application's web.config file to redirect another version of the
assembly to the one you want to use.