Government Contract- Technical Architect-Enterprise Directories- 11 mnths -Toronto

Lisa Fong

Government Contract- Technical Architect-Enterprise Directories- 11 mnths -Toronto

Description of Assignment/Scope of Work: The Technical Architect will work with the Platform Support group and act as the lead technical resource in providing the critical centralized services including, but not limited to the following:
•Active Directory Server based Group polices (GPOs) development
•Microsoft DNS review, Architecture, and development
•DIRXML Integration into City Master Directory Novells eDirectory, and Bluecoat Internet Proxy

Assignment Duties: The Technical Architect will work with the Platform Support group to:
•Lead Technical Review of Microsoft DNS Architecture, design and deploy new Microsoft DNS strategy
•Create Server based Group polices (GPOs) for over 200 servers in Microsoft Single Forest, Multi Domain Active Directory
•Create Desktop based Group polices (GPOs) for over 18,000 desktops, representing over 40 division
•Perform DIRXML/IDM version 1.1 to version 3 upgrade
•Lead the design, architecture, and deployment of new WINS Servers
•Review of Domain controller deployment and review integration into proposed VMware Virtual Server
•Working with division on upgrading old NT server, with non supported applications
•Work with Enterprise Active Directory and eDirectory groups to integration into Solaris and GroupWise Directory services
•Provide Internet access controls by integrating Bluecoat Proxy Server into the Enterprise Active Directory
•Review of Patch Management Strategy relating to Security Updates for Active Directory Domains and Microsoft Servers
•Review/Recommend Administrative tools for the monitoring and performance of Active Directory
•Perform technical analysis and evaluation concerning various projects
•Research, gather, analyze and capture technical requirements and specifications
•Technical role in developing Disaster Recovery Plan for IT Services
•Develop Various Technical and System Architectural documentation related to system requirements, specifications, maintenance, training and implementation planning

Qualifications: It is important that the Services be undertaken by a Technical Architect who can demonstrate specific knowledge of, and experience in performing similar work for projects of comparable nature, size and scope as detailed below

•10 Years Microsoft, Netware server operating experience, and Directory services
•Experience as Technical Lead deploying Active Directory, with Integration into Novell eDirectory, must include environment with over 200 servers, and 15,000 desktops
•Experience working in a unionized, and Municipal Government Environment
•Hands on Experience with Novell NAM and DIRXML 3, and development of business rules
•Must have experience in single forest, Multiple Domain Microsoft Active Directory
•Experience with CISCO CNR

Experience:
•Must have a minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in Microsoft & NetWare server deployment/high availability provisioning
•Experience with Disaster Recovery Planning
•Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and working experience with Windows NT/2000/20003
•Familiar with Server Security Implementation
•Experience developing server, user and desktop Microsoft Group polices (GPOs)

Deliverables
•Deploy and document new Microsoft DNS architecture with integration into CISCO CNR
•Design, deploy and document Microsoft Server GPOs to over 200 MS Servers
•Design, deploy and document Microsoft desktop and GPOs to over 18,000 users, in over 41 divisions
•Perform Novell Active Directory DIRXML driver version 1.1 to 3 upgrades

To apply to this excellent opportunity or if you know of a friend or
relative who match these skills, please forward resumes in a word format
to:[email protected] Apply information: Please include the job
header in the subject of your e-mail.

If you have TEXT MESSAGING FEATURES on your MOBILE PHONE, please let us know
your mobility provider and your cell phone number so that we can text you
and not miss out on contacting you faster for these opportunities"
*****Please ensure that the client's requirements are clearly documented in
your resume or provide a separate addendum outlining your experience with
each of the client's requirement. *** In addition, please indicate your
availability date and salary expectations and present work number if
applicable.

--
"We appreciate all expressed interest in this position. Only those
candidates selected for interview will be contacted.

Profile Solutions
Specializing in Technology Career Placement
1 Dundas Street West
P.O. Box 84 Toronto, ON M5G-1Z3
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
Tel: (416) 815-8202 / Fax: (416) 515-0028 (we prefer resumes e-mailed)
*To view some of our other job requirements, please go to our website at:
www.profilesolutions.com