grab ID# from address bar

Joey

Ok, I pressed SUBMIT too quickly.

So, I need to know how to grab 12345 if someone goes to
www.mydomainname.com/12345. I also need to know what ASP page to create
since there is no .asp at the end of the address bar. Is this is custom
404 page?

Evertjan.

Joey wrote on 25 mei 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Ok, I pressed SUBMIT too quickly.

So, I need to know how to grab 12345 if someone goes to
www.mydomainname.com/12345. I also need to know what ASP page to create
since there is no .asp at the end of the address bar. Is this is custom
404 page?

Yes, you can use 404.asp if set in IIS,
and if /12345 does not exist as a directory:

<%

qstr = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

if instr(qstr,":80/12345/")>0 then
server.transfer "/mySecretDirectory/12345page.asp"
end if

%><html>

<head>
<title>404 - </title>