gracefully move from details page

Guest

hey all,

ok i'm on a datagrid (that has paging turned on) and i select a record which
takes me to a details aspx page. when i click close on the details page how
do i get back to the correct page index i left from?

does anyone have any ideas or article references ?

thanks,
rodchar

Jinsong Liu

the CurrentPageIndex property of the DataGrid let you get and set the
current page. get the value of the CurrentPageIndex before you jump to
the new page. then set the value of CurrentPageIndex to what is was
when the page get reloaded.

Guest

do you mean pass it to the new page thru query string and then pass it back
to datagrid page thru the query string?

Jinsong Liu

Yes, or you can store it in a session variable.