Grammer for crappy HTML.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by TLOlczyk, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. TLOlczyk

    TLOlczyk Guest

    Sounds kind of weird, but it's kind of simple.

    I am tired of looking for a C/C++/shared object that parses HTML.
    So I decided to either write my own or create a "preprocessor"
    ( or maybe coprocessor ) for Tidy.

    In either case there is something I need and that is
    a "Grammar of bad HTML", by which I mean, some sort of
    description of all the kinds of ugly things that a person can
    do to a document to make it noncompliant but
    still make it displayable by a browser.

    The reply-to email address is .
    This is an address I ignore.
    To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
    interaccess,

    **
    Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD

    There is a difference between
    *thinking* you know something,
    and *knowing* you know something.

    TLOlczyk, Jul 2, 2004

  2. TLOlczyk

    rf Guest

    "TLOlczyk" <> wrote in message
    > Sounds kind of weird, but it's kind of simple.
    >
    > I am tired of looking for a C/C++/shared object that parses HTML.
    > So I decided to either write my own or create a "preprocessor"
    > ( or maybe coprocessor ) for Tidy.
    >
    > In either case there is something I need and that is
    > a "Grammar of bad HTML", by which I mean, some sort of
    > description of all the kinds of ugly things that a person can
    > do to a document to make it noncompliant but
    > still make it displayable by a browser.

    Pick just about any site out there.

    Look at the HTML.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 2, 2004

  3. TLOlczyk

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Jul 2, 2004
  4. TLOlczyk

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Mark Parnell
    <> writing in

    > On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 05:43:42 GMT, rf <> declared in
    > alt.html:
    >
    >> Pick just about any site out there.

    > Like http://www.target.com/
    >
    >> Look at the HTML.

    > If you dare. :)

    My eyes! My eyes!

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Jul 2, 2004
  5. TLOlczyk

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>, olczyk2002
    @yahoo.com says...
    > The reply-to email address is .
    > This is an address I ignore.
    > To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
    > interaccess,

    Do people really go through all that trouble to reply to you?
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jul 2, 2004