    Thanks!

    --
    William Clifford

    William Clifford, Jun 10, 2009

  2. William Clifford

    Rafael Guest

    probably the SAGE system (www.sagemath.org) would be of interest to you.

    Rafael, Jun 10, 2009

  3. On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:58:54 -0700, William Clifford wrote:

    > I've become interested in basic graphs and networks and I'm wondering
    > about what algorithms are there for generating basic regular graphs like
    > the simplex graph or dodecahedron graph, etc (I'm sure there are many).
    > I'm particularly keen on understanding the very basic functions for
    > determining edges in the graphs. If one didn't want the complete graph
    > but just a function generates the edges connected to a given node.
    >
    > I've been surfing around for this sort of info, but I'm having trouble
    > finding stuff at my level. If anyone knows of any resources or tutorials
    > or that sort of thing, I'd like to hear about those too.

    I'm not sure what your level is, but you might find these helpful:

    http://www.python.org/doc/essays/graphs/

    http://neopythonic.blogspot.com/2009/01/detecting-cycles-in-directed-graph.html

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, Jun 10, 2009
  4. William Clifford

    CTO Guest

    On Jun 9, 11:58 pm, William Clifford <>
    wrote:
    > I've become interested in basic graphs and networks and I'm wondering
    > about what algorithms are there for generating basic regular graphs
    > like the simplex graph or dodecahedron graph, etc (I'm sure there are
    > many). I'm particularly keen on understanding the very basic functions
    > for determining edges in the graphs. If one didn't want the complete
    > graph but just a function generates the edges connected to a given
    > node.
    >
    > I've been surfing around for this sort of info, but I'm having trouble
    > finding stuff at my level. If anyone knows of any resources or
    > tutorials or that sort of thing, I'd like to hear about those too.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > William Clifford

    Depending on how much of a basis you have in CS, you
    may want to take a look at
    http://www.amazon.com/Combinatorial-Algorithms-Enumeration-Mathematics-Applications/dp/084933988X
    which I found to be an excellent book that covers a lot of the
    ground you're talking about. Also, check out graphine
    (graphine.org)- I think its a pretty easy-to-use graph package
    for python, although as the primary author I'm pretty biased.

    Geremy Condra

    CTO, Jun 10, 2009