graphical interface design

Guest

Hi all,

I have a question about the various types of graphical interface design that
I can implement using asp.net n c# on Internet Explorer.

I am writing a questionnaire, the problem is that some of the questions are
not in the usual multiple-choice format. I have some illustrations below:
1) the drag-n-drop of textboxes from one panel onto another panel. Is this
possible in asp.net ?
2) another question require that the user place lines to match 2 textboxes
to each other.
I know that these can be displayed in a relatively straight-forward manner
if the system is a desktop application. But this is not.

Can anyone point me where to look for more information on how to solve my
problem? I know that this can be done using java applets. but I am not
writing a java application.

TIA,
Andrew

Bruce Barker

this type of user interface is client based. you can do it in a java applet,
an active/x control, an active/x control written in .net (require client
install .net runtime), use flash, or in client script and dhtml (though
drawing lines is tricky).

the most common approach would be to use flash.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

First of all, thanks for your reply. Yup, this is a client side issue.

I have been thinking of using flash but the problem is that it might take
some time to load for each question, n the questionnaire is a timed one. And
I wonder how I will be linking the flash to my sql server db code. Then I
thought of using javascript, but I am not too familiar with javascript.

I will most probably use the active/x control or active/x control written in
..net (require client install .net runtime) route, but I better do some
research on that first, mainly coz I am not sure how it will work.

TIA,
Andrew.